corner corner The Rabbits' Rebellion

The Rabbits' Rebellion
by Ariel Dorfman | Children's Books
Registered by winglytteltonwitchwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 1/20/2012

status (set by spy-there): available

Journal Entry 1 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, January 20, 2012

Have been shopping at the charity shops in Newbury again.

Journal Entry 2 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 20, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (1/20/2012 UTC) at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Posted to MissMarkey for her bookcrossing tree

Journal Entry 3 by wingMissMarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Thanks Witchy. Think I'll read this before I release it. Looks fun.

Journal Entry 4 by wingMissMarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Read and enjoyed. Think I will send this to a new member who has joined after finding one of my books. Hope you like this SophieandToby.

Journal Entry 5 by wingMissMarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 01, 2012

No reply from SophieandToby so can't send it to them. Instead I am taking it to Switzerland with me as I will be meeting up with some Swiss Bookcrossers whilst I am there. Hope they like it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingOBCZ-TeddysDenwing at Herisau, Appenzell Ausserrhoden Switzerland on Thursday, June 14, 2012

the little book has arrived here and hopefully gets TBR before I pass it on to spy-there....

Journal Entry 7 by wingOBCZ-TeddysDenwing at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, December 10, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (12/12/2017 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

Du hast ein Buch gefunden, willkommen bei Bookcrossing! Es wird Dir hoffentlich gefallen. Behalte es solange Du willst, und lass es wieder frei, wenn es gelesen ist. Wir freuen uns auf jeden Eintrag, möchten wissen, wie es dem Buch geht, wo es sich gerade befindet. (Anonyme Eintrage sind ok, oder denk Dir einen lustigen Namen aus und werde Mitglied unserer grossen weltweiten BC-Gemeinschaft.)

*****************
If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, welcome!
You found this book, I hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to read the book in your own time, and pass it on afterwards - it'd be great if you let us know how you'd liked it, and what you plans are with it (remaining anonymous is ok, or think of a cute name and sign up for free and so become part of our great bookcrossing community). Thanks!
Please make as many, or few, comments about the book as you wish. The book is now yours to do with as you choose. Keep it, pass it on, but please leave the label, so we can keep in touch with what's happened to it.
If you would like to know what happens to the book if you decide to pass it on, then do join BookCrossing, find a cute name and register. It's free, private and it's great fun!

Journal Entry 8 by spy-there at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, December 12, 2017

wow! this looks promising :)

Journal Entry 9 by spy-there at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, December 14, 2017

This is not a children's book, far too cruel. But in the same time too childish to be of adults' interest. It's kind of an allegory about a wolf dictator who is then overthrown by magic rabbits.

The whole concept is flawed already. Rabbits are the wolves' food. So why would the wolf king want to eliminate them out of existence? Makes no sense. Maybe the story would have worked if the author chose an animal which appears not in the wolves' food chain.
The illustrations by Chris Ridell are cutesy, but show kind of a gnarled, sickly touch.

I don't know what to make of this book. It has nothing which touches me, and I think it flowed more cynism than love into its creation.