corner corner The Hound of the Baskervilles / The Sign of the Four

by Arthur Conan Doyle | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by AussieChris on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

status (set by AussieChris): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by AussieChris on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Hound of the Baskervilles is very well written and very atmospheric. It's about a family who believes that it has been cursed and is in danger from a mysterious killer hound that lives on the moors.

The Sign of the Four is also well written and is about a man's mysterious disappearance and a missing treasure. However, some parts are downright racist towards African and Indian people.

I was going to keep this book but the racist parts make me angry so I won't be re-reading it so I'll give it away.

Journal Entry 2 by AussieChris at Secret Hiding Place in Granville, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (1/18/2012 UTC) at Secret Hiding Place in Granville, New South Wales Australia

Wrapped in blue plastic bag, hidden in plants under the tree behind the charity clothing bin on the corner of Mary St and Memorial Ave\Railway Pde, Granville.

Journal Entry 3 by AussieChris at Auburn Community Picnic Area in Auburn, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (2/9/2012 UTC) at Auburn Community Picnic Area in Auburn, New South Wales Australia

Left on a table in the middle of the sheltered picnic area that is in the parkland off Kileen St Auburn (near the river).