corner corner We Need to Talk About Kevin

We Need to Talk About Kevin
by Lionel Shriver | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingCross-patchwing of Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

status (set by Cross-patch): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingCross-patchwing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Eva never really wanted to be a mother; certainly not the mother of the unlovable boy who murdered seven of his fellow high school students, a cafeteria worker and a teacher who tried to befriend him. Now, two years later, it is time for her to come to terms with marriage, career, family, parenthood and Kevin's horrific rampage in a series of startlingly direct correspondences with her absent husband, Franklyn. Uneasy with the sacrifices and social demotion of motherhood from the start, Eva fears that her alarming dislike for her own son may be responsible for driving him so nihilistically off the rails.

Journal Entry 2 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I blame the hype! It's not the first time I've put off reading a novel because the publicity and praise seems unrealistic. And here's another one I wouldn't pick up because I was in awe or sceptical of its brilliance. Well, I was wrong to be so influenced. This was a best read of 2011.

Journal Entry 3 by wingCross-patchwing at Mrs Bridges in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/25/2012 UTC) at Mrs Bridges in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

to be released after lunch with Raeliz64 and Tanamo.