corner corner Abigayil: The Story of the Cat at the Manger

Abigayil: The Story of the Cat at the Manger
by Rouben Mamoulian | Children's Books
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

status (set by rubyrebel): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, January 19, 2012

This charming (and somewhat battered) hardcover was a Christmas gift from friends years back, in memory of my own cat Abigail. While I've enjoyed this fable, I think it's time the book went traveling.

The story is told from the viewpoint of the title character, a mother cat living in Bethlehem and trying to raise her kittens while surviving the streets. And then a pair of travelers are given room in the stable where Abigayil and her kittens live... A sweet story with a bittersweet note.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, March 30, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/30/2012 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm adding this slim book to the Cat Stories bookbox, which I'll be handing off to BCer eponine38 over lunch tomorrow. Hope someone enjoys the book!

[Update: rubyrebel noted in the forum thread that she took this from the box. Enjoy!]

Journal Entry 3 by rubyrebel at Toledo, Ohio USA on Monday, July 09, 2012

taken out of cat book box... i think my neighbors might like this for their babies

Journal Entry 4 by rubyrebel at giving to a friend in Toledo, Ohio USA on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/15/2012 UTC) at giving to a friend in Toledo, Ohio USA

i gave it to some friends