corner corner It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff

It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff
by Peter Walsh | Home & Garden
Registered by NMReader of Herndon, Virginia USA on 1/5/2012

status (set by LittleWhiteBird): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Welcome to BookCrossing! It's a site for catching and releasing books and spreading the good karma of reading! Please make a journal entry when you FIND this book and let previous readers know how you came upon it. You may remain anonymous on this site if you like but it's very safe and spam free. We leave FREE books around for others to stumble upon...they read, and then re-release in a public place for someone else to enjoy. Of course you're welcome to keep the book if you prefer but it's more fun to watch them travel and to hear from them once in a while. I hope you enjoy the book but I especially hope you enjoy BookCrossing.

"Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens ..."

Carlos Ruiz Zafon (The Shadow of the Wind)

Journal Entry 2 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Thursday, January 05, 2012

B & N Overview
When you think of what it will take to clean your house, are you so overwhelmed you throw up your hands and cry, "It's all too much"? Do you dream of having a closet where your clothes aren't crammed in so tightly that you can actually get to them? Is your basement filled with boxes of precious family mementos you haven't opened in ten years but are too afraid to toss? Are your kitchen counters overrun with appliances you've never used? Do your kids play in the living room because there's no room left in their playroom? If somewhere along the way you've simply lost the ability to keep your home organized and clutter-free, then It's All Too Much has the solution you've been searching for.
Peter Walsh, the organizational guru from TLC's hit show Clean Sweep, understands how easy it is for clutter to creep into your life and how hard it is to get rid of it. In It's All Too Much, he shares his proven system for letting go of your emotional and physical clutter so that you can create a happier, more stress-free home and life. At last, here is a system for managing your clutter, regaining control, and living the life you imagine for yourself.

Peter has helped clients from every walk of life. With his trademark humor and insight, Peter guides you step-by-step through the very charged process of decluttering your home, organizing your possessions, and reclaiming your life. Going way beyond color-coded boxes and storage bin solutions, It's All Too Much shows you how to reexamine your priorities and let go of the things that are weighing you down. Clearly and simply, Peter gives you the courage you need to go through your home, room by room -- even possession by possession -- and honestly assess what adds to your quality of life and what's keeping you from living the life of your dreams.

Filled with real-life examples and advice for homes of all sizes and personalities, It's All Too Much will set you free from the emotional baggage that goes along with clutter and help you lead a fuller, richer life with less stuff.

Journal Entry 3 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 07, 2012

This book is going to travel as a Bookray.

Please follow these rules:
Make a journal entry when you receive the book
PM the next participant, even if you have their address, to confirm where the book should be sent next (and that it is still wanted).
Read the book within a month if possible - if delayed make sure to let us know (preferably by making a journal entry)! - please take your time and enjoy reading the book
When you've read the book, make a journal entry telling us what you thought.
Make a controlled release when sending the book on, using YOUR country, state, and city as the release location.

The last person on the list should contact me to make sure there aren't additions to the list.

Enjoy!!!

Ray order:
angelface46 CO
6of8 MD
LittleWhiteBird VA
Contact NMReader for next participant's address

Journal Entry 4 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (1/7/2012 UTC) at Herndon, Virginia USA

I'll drop at the PO on my way home from giving blood

Journal Entry 5 by angelface46 at Montrose, Colorado USA on Friday, January 13, 2012

just came in today's mail-will get read and back moving

Journal Entry 6 by angelface46 at Montrose, Colorado USA on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Love his stuff! Huge fan of his shows and books. Thanks for sharing! Sorry I was a little slow. Gonna contact 6of8 and plan to mail out by Monday.

Journal Entry 7 by angelface46 at Montrose, Colorado USA on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

mailing to 6of8 on Wed. 02/8/12

ended up getting my own copy - he has such insightful tips

Journal Entry 8 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Monday, February 13, 2012

Just received this in the mail and this could not have come at a better time -- I could definitely stand to do a Peter Walsh number on my place.

Hopefully I can get this read in the near future, since if all goes well I will see LittleWhiteBird on Saturday, and she is next in line. I guess if not, I can get the right mailing info and maybe get it sent to her before she moves.

Journal Entry 9 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand - rings, RABCK, meetings, District of Columbia USA on Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (3/7/2012 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand - rings, RABCK, meetings, District of Columbia USA

Off in the mail to Little White Bird, the next person on the list. Maybe these strategies will be helpful in preparing for the move -- or unpacking afterwards.

For me, I took a lot of notes and realized I have to start with a big day of purging and etc -- maybe two -- and in the meantime I will work on the Trashbag Tango and other strategies.

Journal Entry 10 by LittleWhiteBird at Arlington, Virginia USA on Friday, March 09, 2012

I received the book in the mail today.

I'll also contact NMReader to see if there's another participant after me.

Journal Entry 11 by LittleWhiteBird at Arlington, Virginia USA on Monday, April 09, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (4/10/2012 UTC) at Arlington, Virginia USA

This book has tons of good advice about organizing your home. It's really not about the stuff, but about changing your attitude towards your possessions, so that they don't possess you. Then with a decluttered home, you can start decluttering other aspects of your life as well.

There's lots of detailed advice about every room of the home, though. I made lots of notes about all his suggestions so I'll be able to apply them after I send the book to the next person. Obviously, you don't have to agree with every single thing.

Here's one example of a suggestion that I thought I disagreed with. He says to get rid of your Fondue pot. I thought "No, we eat cheese fondue all the time". But then I gave it another thought and it turns out, we use a pot that has other uses as well anyway, and the fondue pot has been sitting in our cupboard forever unused. So he was right after all. We WILL get rid of our fondue pot right after we get back to California, and will be even happier fondue eaters :)

I'm sending this book to NMReader's friend Mark now.

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!