corner corner The Lilies of the Field

The Lilies of the Field
by William E Barrett | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ukcanaus of Melbourne, Victoria Australia on 1/5/2012

status (set by Haugtussa): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by ukcanaus from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Thursday, January 05, 2012

One of the most beloved of modern classics returns with a beautiful new cover. The enchanting story of two unlikely friends, a black ex-GI and the head of a group of German nuns, The Lilies of the Field tells the story of their impossible dream--to build a chapel in the desert.

This is one of my favourite books (the movie is one of my favourites as well). I like the simplicity of the story, and the humour in it too.

This copy will be offered as a bookring today.

Journal Entry 2 by ukcanaus at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Monday, January 16, 2012

BOOKRING:
Read it, PM the next person for their address, and send it on as soon within a month (this book is a very quick read, so that time limit should be okay).

Please make a journal entry when you receive the book and also to say what you thought of the book when you've finished reading it. PM me if you cannot contact the next person on the list too.

Current participants:
1. lunatum (Finland)
2. Frutz (Luxembourg)
3. lcila (France)
4. Carole888 (Australia)

--------
...back to ukcanaus (Australia)<-- Book is here

Journal Entry 3 by ukcanaus at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Monday, January 16, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (1/16/2012 UTC) at Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Sent to lunatum today.

Journal Entry 4 by lunatum at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Friday, January 20, 2012

The book arrived today. I have three ring/ray books ahead of this, but I think I'll get this read whithin a month. (Why do they always come i bundles...:)

Journal Entry 5 by lunatum at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Saturday, January 28, 2012

A nice little book about little miracles. One can do anything if he have faith. Thank you for sharing this book with us, though this wasn't really my kind of book. I'll mail this forward next week.

Journal Entry 6 by lunatum at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Monday, January 30, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (1/30/2012 UTC) at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland

The Lilies are on their way to Luxembourg.

Journal Entry 7 by wingfrutzwing at Mersch / Miersch, Kanton Mersch Luxembourg on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Thanks lunatum for sending this to me. I look forward to reading it.

I finished this in a day. An out of the ordinary story and two very unusual main caracters.

Journal Entry 8 by wingfrutzwing at Bookring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- France on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (2/11/2012 UTC) at Bookring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- France

Send along to icila today.

Journal Entry 9 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The book arrived today. Merci frutz !

Journal Entry 10 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, March 06, 2012

I read it on a go before leaving to holidays abroad. I didn't have time to make the JE and PM the next.
I loved this fairy tale and if the church does exist I'll be sure to visit it if life takes me there.

Journal Entry 11 by wingIcilawing at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, March 08, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (3/9/2012 UTC) at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France

On its way to carole888 in Australia.

Journal Entry 12 by Carole888 at Perth, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, March 24, 2012

The book has arrived safely and I started to read it straight away .... because I have no self control. Really I need to be reading the other books first as all the library books that I requested have come in together ... plus I am sitting on another ring ... so far behind. This one has been a gorgeous read so far. Thanks heaps!! :)

Journal Entry 13 by Carole888 at Perth, Western Australia Australia on Friday, March 30, 2012

This is a beautiful read! I loved it. Thank you for sending it on it's journey, ukcanaus. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. A quick read but it was so special.

Journal Entry 14 by ukcanaus at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

And it's back! Thanks, Carole888, for sending it to me, along with another RABCK too!

I'm not sure what I will do next with the book, but thanks very much to all of you for making this a successful bookring :)

Journal Entry 15 by ukcanaus at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (10/1/2013 UTC) at Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Mailed overseas today as a (Christmas) not-so-RABCK... hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 16 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Thursday, December 26, 2013

A well-read and well- loved book, one of my favourites!
I have to admit that I have never read anything by this autor before, probably about time. Thank you very much for passing this on to me.

Journal Entry 17 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

This is a gem.
I loved the story, Homer Smith and Mother Maria Marthe. Beautiful.

Journal Entry 18 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Thursday, February 13, 2014

The gem wants to travel as a bookring again:

Jannike
Nordpirat
Deepswamp
gunvor
Askeladda

Journal Entry 19 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Let the ring begin!

Journal Entry 20 by Jannike at -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The book arrived by mail today, a perfect small sized book to bring for travelling. I plan to spend 5-6 hours on a train later this week, so this is what I will read on my journey.

Journal Entry 21 by Jannike at -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, September 12, 2014

I apologize for keeping the book so long. The small book had slipped out of sight. But now I have read it, and it is was well worth reading. It is a book full of hope, faith and courage. I really liked at and can recommend it! It is an easy read, I finished it in one evening - with a smile.
The book is now in a Bookring, moving on to Travelina next.

Journal Entry 22 by Jannike at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, October 10, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (10/10/2014 UTC) at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray, Oslo fylke Norway

Will be delivered by hand to Travelina today.

Journal Entry 23 by wingtravelinawing at Ullern bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The book is with me. Looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 24 by wingtravelinawing at Ullern bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (12/14/2014 UTC) at Ullern bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

This was a nice little book with humor and hope. I will pas it on to Tuttasb because I have another book to send her as well, and have asked Haugtussa to switch Widwolverine and Tuttasb in the order of the bookring.

Correction 10.3.2015: Tuttasb has not responden on PM or facebook. I will therefore pass this book on to Wildwolverine instead.

Journal Entry 25 by wildwolverine at per Post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 06, 2015

Got this in the mail a few days ago. Going to start reading NOW!

Journal Entry 26 by wildwolverine at Fredrikstad, Østfold fylke Norway on Monday, May 04, 2015

It's a sweet story, but that is about it. I didn't get taken by it as many others who have read it seems to be. It is nicely written, and i get a feeling the author tries to be a little bit Steinbeck (simple story, big meaning), but no one does Steinbeck better than Steinbeck, so ...

I'll send it of as soon as i get the address from Lesehest.

Journal Entry 27 by wildwolverine at Fredrikstad, Østfold fylke Norway on Monday, July 06, 2015

Haven't heard from LESEHEST, so i'll ask babelfisk for hers.

Journal Entry 28 by wildwolverine at Fredrikstad, Østfold fylke Norway on Thursday, July 23, 2015

Sent of to babelfisk.

Journal Entry 29 by wingbabelfiskwing at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Monday, July 27, 2015

Here with me! Thanks for sharing!!

Journal Entry 30 by wingbabelfiskwing at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Saturday, August 08, 2015

Touching and captivating.

Journal Entry 31 by wingbabelfiskwing at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Thursday, August 13, 2015

I got a mail from Gealach who asks to be skipped so I'll pass the book on to Nordpirat.

Journal Entry 32 by wingbabelfiskwing at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Sunday, September 13, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (9/12/2015 UTC) at Jönköping, Småland Sweden

On its way to Nordpirat, finally!

På väg till Nordpirat, äntligen!

Journal Entry 33 by wingNordpiratwing at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Monday, September 14, 2015

The book is with me now! Thank you!

Journal Entry 34 by wingNordpiratwing at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Tuesday, December 01, 2015

A simple story, but nonetheless sweet and charming.

Journal Entry 35 by wingNordpiratwing at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray, Stockholm Sweden on Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (12/1/2015 UTC) at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray, Stockholm Sweden

Now Homer Smith takes off towards the next reader in his station wagon. :-)

(The book is part of the Scandinavian Advent calendar release challenge in December 2015 - release one book each day between Dec. 1st and Dec. 24th. Released on the 1st of December and so being no 1.)

Journal Entry 36 by wingDeepswampwing at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Friday, December 04, 2015

Thank you! Looking forward to read about Howard Smith!

Journal Entry 37 by wingDeepswampwing at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Monday, December 14, 2015

A nice read!
Nothing is impossibe....

Journal Entry 38 by wingDeepswampwing at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Monday, December 14, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (12/14/2015 UTC) at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden

To the next reader!

Journal Entry 39 by gunvor at Herlev, København Amt Denmark on Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Such a nice surprise- another bookring I had totally forgotten about:-) looking forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 40 by gunvor at Herlev, København Amt Denmark on Friday, January 29, 2016

I likes this short tale of Schmidt and the nuns. Its the kind of book that will stick with me for years, a great read.

Journal Entry 41 by gunvor at a bookring, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (2/28/2016 UTC) at a bookring, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

the ring is going to Norway. I hope you enjoy this short read.

Journal Entry 42 by Askeladda at Skien, Telemark fylke Norway on Thursday, March 17, 2016

Tank you, gunvor, You were absolutly right, I had forgotten about this ring, But from the goodreview Haugtussa gave, I coudnt resist this ring.

Thank you very much for sending! Looking forward to read this book!

Journal Entry 43 by Askeladda at Skien, Telemark fylke Norway on Monday, March 21, 2016

A sweet little book, nice to read.
Thank you, Haugtussa, and thank you for sending it gunvor.

The book will soon return to its owner :)

Journal Entry 44 by Askeladda at Skien, Telemark fylke Norway on Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Ojojoj! I still haven't sendt the book! I had hoped to return it to ring leader by sending it with a friend who was travelling to Stavanger.
But I forgot.

I'll have to use ordinary mail and hopefully get a better result this time.

Journal Entry 45 by Askeladda at Skien, Telemark fylke Norway on Saturday, August 20, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (8/19/2016 UTC) at Skien, Telemark fylke Norway

On its way home!
Thank you for a nice read, Haugtussa!

Journal Entry 46 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Friday, August 26, 2016

The book is back with me! At the moment I have no plans for it, time will show....