corner corner The Seven Solitudes of Lorsa Lopez

The Seven Solitudes of Lorsa Lopez
by Sony Labou Tansi | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Torgin of Mülheim an der Ruhr, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 12/30/2011

status (set by nistbr): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Torgin from Mülheim an der Ruhr, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, December 30, 2011

'At the time of night when dew begins to form on objects left outside, and while Fartamio Andra's insomniac cocks crowed, we heard a cry from the town square: "Help me! He's killed me!"'
History has been silenced in this modern African state: only the voices of the dead cry out for justice. It is a cry answered by Estina Bronzario, the Woman of Bronze, determined to act against the political and moral corruption of male-dominated society. Murders escalate, crowds ebb and flow, and the years roll by. But the police never come.
Sony Labou Tansi's surreal portrait of a despised and incompetent regime is a biting, burlesque fable, incisive in its description of post-colonial colour and chaos.

Journal Entry 2 by Torgin at Oberhausen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, December 30, 2011

It's more than two year now, I've read my own copy of the book before being able to get this additional one for BC. So, I really can't say much about the "story" or my thoughts about it anymore. But I remember that the text was full of symbolism which requires much knowledge about African traditions and conditions.

Journal Entry 3 by wingholle77wing at Selm, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thanks for this RABCK!

Journal Entry 4 by wingholle77wing at Selm, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

It was rather difficult for me to read this book. There were many vocabularies which I did not found in my dictionnary, many names - often very similiar- and of course the symbolism which Aldawen mentioned.
I am not sure if perhaps I would have better understood the story if I had read the novel in a German translation.

Journal Entry 5 by wingholle77wing at Meschede, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (10/25/2013 UTC) at Meschede, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Macht sich demnächst auf den Weg zu nistbr per Post.

Journal Entry 6 by wingnistbrwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Got the book from holle77 today.
Thanks for sending. Will keep you updated.

Edit 30.10.2017
I'm just clearing my book and noted, I never made a book entry.
I cant remember the whole book but it was not mine.
It was to chaotic in the Story and not good to understand.
It helped me for the challange and will Hand it over to the next one with the next box.