corner corner No One Noticed the Cat

No One Noticed the Cat
by Anne McCaffrey | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingBountifulPotswing of Olathe, Kansas USA on Wednesday, October 01, 2003

status (set by pearlz): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingBountifulPotswing from Olathe, Kansas USA on Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Very cute little book, easy read.

Journal Entry 2 by shaunesay from Olathe, Kansas USA on Friday, January 09, 2004

Received from rslicer. Thanks! TBR

Journal Entry 3 by shaunesay from Olathe, Kansas USA on Saturday, February 14, 2004

This is a cute short novel by Anne McCaffrey, in which the cat, who is we believe somehow possessing the spirit of the Prince's regent, instrumental in overcoming an evil queen of a neighboring kingdom who is trying to gain power by murdering all rivals. Although I love Anne's books, this one is a little weak in plot, as we never know how the transfer of the regent's spirit takes place, and the cat doesn't make as many appearances as I would have liked in the body, being more visible in the beginning and the ending of the book. I think I would have like more explanation and confirmation of the cat being the regent.

This book is moving on to MarciNYC tomorrow! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by MarciNYC from Howell, New Jersey USA on Saturday, February 21, 2004

Arrived safely in NJ after being opened and inspected by the post office in Olathe, KS (see photo). Thanks shaunesay for passing this along to me!

Journal Entry 5 by MarciNYC from Howell, New Jersey USA on Friday, April 02, 2004

What a magnificent little book! I am not much of a fantasy reader, and I've never read any of Anne McCaffrey, but I loved this story. I actually read it before going to bed last night while my cat, Daisy (that's her in the photo), was curled up next to me.

It was short, sweet and quick to read. I'm sending it off in my M-Bag to Australia since I know there's a certain someone who might find this an enjoyable read.

Journal Entry 6 by wingnewkwing from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Thursday, September 16, 2004

I think I know who you mean! It's here by the way! Going to be in the 20s C here on the wekend. That's lovely and warm chaps and chapesses

Journal Entry 7 by wingnewkwing from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Saturday, September 18, 2004

The newk mutt having a look

Journal Entry 8 by wingnewkwing from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Sunday, September 19, 2004

Here she is again helping me with my BXing. Note my new "card reader" which is enabling me to get these pics up here. And bountifulpots..howya going. I reckon you used to be called something else?

Journal Entry 9 by wingnewkwing from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Monday, September 20, 2004

Off to Australia's favourite cat woman with a few "treats" as package fillers. Thanks again to all of you for contributing to my BXing fun

Journal Entry 10 by libertine101 from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, September 26, 2004

This looks good. Thanks newk and all of you in the chain that lead it to land in my hands.
Oh and thanks for all the 'treats', newk ;)
Btw, cute doggie!! :D

Journal Entry 11 by libertine101 from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm not much of a fan of this genre, and felt that this story held quite a few Fantasy Fiction cliches. The best part of it was the cat character. I liked the way there was something 'magical' about her but she still remained a cat. I really do wish she was more in the story. Love the cover art of the book, btw.

Journal Entry 12 by celestewa from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, September 24, 2006

I enjoy Anne McCaffrey and love cats so pounced on this one! ;)

Journal Entry 13 by celestewa at Margaret River Chocolate Company - Swan Valley in West Swan, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, January 20, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (1/21/2007 UTC) at Margaret River Chocolate Company - Swan Valley in West Swan, Western Australia Australia

This was a lovely quick read, very predictable, would make a good childrens telemovie. Good triumphs over evil, wisdom over youth etc. Cat good and wise ;-)

Releasing this at the Perth BC Meetup

Journal Entry 14 by pearlz from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, January 24, 2007

caught at the January meet up

Journal Entry 15 by pearlz at Princess Margaret Hospital in Subiaco, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, January 28, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (1/28/2007 UTC) at Princess Margaret Hospital in Subiaco, Western Australia Australia

Oncology Ward 3B