corner corner Bloodlines (Dog Lover's Mysteries)

Bloodlines (Dog Lover's Mysteries)
by Susan Conant | Other
Registered by whitehorsy of Hasselt, Limburg / Limbourg Belgium on Thursday, December 22, 2011

status (set by whitehorsy): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by whitehorsy from Hasselt, Limburg / Limbourg Belgium on Thursday, December 22, 2011

From the back:

Holly Winter's a 'Dog's life' columnist on the wrong side of thirty, a canine-loving detective sniffing out crime and corruption on the streets of Cambridge. Hollly is a dog's best friend and a murderer's worst enemy.
Normally Holly Winter wouldn't be caught dead in a place like Puppy Luv - a small pet shop that's no doubt an outlet for the puppy mill industry and a hotbed of forged papers, broken promises, and mistreated animals. But a hot tip about a malamute pup suddenly has Holly charging to the rescue and panting to put the owner out of business. Trouble is, she's not the only one who has a bone to pick with Diane Sweet. In a matter of hours the Puppy Luv proprietress is gruesomely murdered.
When Holly links the killing with the disappearance of another malamute - an adorable live wire named Missy - she digs up startling evidence that soon leads her into the fiercely competitive and deadly underworld of dog breeding. A place where her animal instincts are all that can save her.

December 2011: I love these books, I can completely relate to the main character Holly Winter... I'm not into dog shows or anything like that but I do LOVE dogs. I love the way the writer educates people in her books. Don't ever buy dogs from pet shops! It's very true, pet shops support puppy mills where the female dogs live in horrible circumstances... those places are a hell on earth for dogs and personally I can't understand that things like that are still allowed in this day and age! Anyway, I even go a step further than the writer... don't buy from breeders either. There are so many dogs in shelters which need a good home... dumped there by people. So I think it's our obligation as people to go there if we think about getting a dog... and to set right the injustice done to these poor animals.

Journal Entry 2 by whitehorsy at Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/7/2012 UTC) at Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium

Sent to John in the US, via Bookmooch. Enjoy! :-)