corner corner The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
by Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingpinkoeriawing of Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 15, 2011

status (set by pinkoeria): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingpinkoeriawing from Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's 1946 and author Juliet Ashton can't think what to write next. Out of the blue, she receives a letter from Dawsey Adams of Guernsey - by chance, he's acquired a book that belonged to her - and, spurred on by their mutual love of reading, they begin a correspondence. When Dawsey reveals that he's a member of the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Juliet's curiosity is piqued and it's not long before she begins to hear from other members. As letters fly back and forth with stories of life in Guernsey under the German Occupation, Juliet soon realises that the society is every bit as extraordinary as its name.

Journal Entry 2 by wingpinkoeriawing at Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 15, 2011

I read this book as a ring, I believe, and I just loved it. So when I saw a copy at the local charity shop, I decided to buy it to pass it on to another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 3 by wingpinkoeriawing at Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (2/21/2012 UTC) at Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom

Given to a colleague.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Please let me know where you found the book and what you thought of it. Feel free to join BookCrossing, it's fun, it's free and it's anonymous. No one knows you by anything else than your screenname, unless you want them to. If you decide to join, please note me as your referring member - screenname pinkoeria.

Thanks and enjoy BookCrossing!