corner corner Sister

Sister
by Rosamund Lupton | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingCassiopaeiawing of Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

status (set by abigailann): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingCassiopaeiawing from Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I'm not sure where I picked this up, could have been a charity shop, but it turns out to be our book group read for this month, so it is jumping the TBR queue.

Journal Entry 2 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Description from the back cover.
Nothing can break the bond between sisters ...When Beatrice gets a frantic call in the middle of Sunday lunch to say that her younger sister, Tess, is missing, she boards the first flight home to London. But as she learns about the circumstances surrounding her sister's disappearance, she is stunned to discover how little she actually knows of her sister's life - and unprepared for the terrifying truths she must now face. The police, Beatrice's fiance and even their mother accept they have lost Tess but Beatrice refuses to give up on her. So she embarks on a dangerous journey to discover the truth, no matter the cost.

Journal Entry 3 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, December 16, 2011

This is certainly the best book group read we have had for a long while, kept me gripped right through to the end. I loved the way the story was revealed and the devices used, lots of interesting characters, twists and turns and an excellent ending. And apart from that the main action took place in a little bit of Hyde Park that I know very well, and I actually felt that I was walking beside Bea as the story progressed.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Dublin Convention 2012 in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, April 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/14/2012 UTC) at Dublin Convention 2012 in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...
Taking to Dublin for someone's wish list.

Journal Entry 5 by Cinderess at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Thank you very much for this rabck wishlist surprise! Looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by Cinderess at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, April 30, 2012

Complex and interesting, Lupton kept up the pace right until the end. I have to admit getting very impatient to finish, the telling seemed to go on a bit. This might have been me wanting the 'big reveal' rather than any failing on the author's part.

Like C. I know that part of the park and it's quite eerie how well I could imagine something like this happening as the story progressed...

I'd recommend this book.

Journal Entry 7 by Cinderess at The Mitre Pub, High Street in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/10/2012 UTC) at The Mitre Pub, High Street in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, welcome!

Please make as many, or few, comments about the book as you wish. The book is now yours to do with as you choose. Keep it, pass it on, but please leave the label, so we can keep in touch with what's happened to it.

If you would like to know what happens to the book if you decide to pass it on, then do join BookCrossing. It's free, private and it's great fun!

And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me Cinderess as your referring member.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Journal Entry 8 by abigailann at Abingdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Picked up at an Oxford BC meet