corner corner Fire (Graceling)

Fire (Graceling)
by Kristin Cashore | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingCrossing-Guardwing of Langdon, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 10, 2011

status (set by megami-no-ushi): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingCrossing-Guardwing from Langdon, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thanks for taking the time to read my journal. The book you've found is now yours, no strings attached! You can keep it forever or read it and pass it along like I did. It would be great though, if you could take the time to write a quick note so that I know it found a new home. You can stay annoynomous or sign up. It is free to join and no one gets your email address (plus no spam). If you sign up you will also get notifications if anyone else journals about this book, which is exciting. Please consider using Crossing-Guard as your referring member if you do sign up. Who knows how far this book will travel...

Journal Entry 2 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (12/10/2011 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

I picked this book up at Chapters after I saw who the author was. I read Graceling and loved it! I was so thrilled to see the next book by her and the fact that it takes place in the same world is great. If you haven't read Graceling, don't worry this is a campanion book and actually takes place prior to Graceling. I enjoyed this one but I have to say that I prefer the Gracelings to the Monsters although I really liked Fire as a character, that is just me though.

I'm taking this to the December meeting, this would be a great holiday read. If no one picks it up, it will be left on the bookshelf.

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe starting at 11am. New Crossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 3 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, December 23, 2011

OK - I am finally posting that I got these books. Oops. Looking forward to having time over the holidays to read them.

Journal Entry 4 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, March 30, 2012

This was a good read. Found myself wishing I could see what others were thinking and then influence what they did. Would come in really handy as a teacher. Good plot and kept me interested.

Journal Entry 5 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this to the meeting at the Joshua Cafe tomorrow to be passsed on to someone or left on the bookshelf. Someone will want this for sure.

Journal Entry 6 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing April meet-up. I was told this is the companion novel to Graceling, so it made sense to snatch up this one, too.

Journal Entry 7 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, June 05, 2012

It's interesting how the book isn't a sequel but nor it is a prequel either. I mean, it kind of is, since there's a character in the book who shows up in Graceling, but older, but the main story isn't about them. It's all about Fire. She reminded me a lot of Katsa. Not that she has a Grace to kill people, but she spends most of the story finding a way to control and use her power for good, much like Katsa. It'd be neat if the two of them met in the next book.

Fire and Brigan were a lot like Katsa and Po, though, so it was a bit of a re-hash in that department.

Journal Entry 8 by locker-monster at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing this book at the Calgary BookCrossing June meet-up. If it didn't go home with someone, it's on the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 9 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Picked up at the June Calgary Bookcrossing Meeting.

Journal Entry 10 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, August 10, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/11/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken back to the Calgary Bookcrossing Meeting, I've run out of time to read it.

The Calgary Bookcrossing group meets every second Saturday in the Joshua Tree. Join us on Facebook!

Journal Entry 11 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 12, 2012

Returned from the bookcrossing meeting for now.

Journal Entry 12 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I didn't appreciate this book as much as it deserved because I didn't realize until very late in the book that it was a companion novel, not a sequel to Graceling, so I was so busy trying to figure out how the two related that I didn't have as much fun with the book as I could. Its really superb and a very fun read. The concept is really cool and I really felt for Fire.

Journal Entry 13 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Released 6 mos ago (5/10/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing this lovely book after a long delay back to the Calgary Bookcrossing Group.

Journal Entry 14 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, June 16, 2014

Picked up at the meeting!