corner corner Written in Blood (DI Tom Mariner)

Written in Blood (DI Tom Mariner)
by Chris Collett | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingkeeta1wing of Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on 12/2/2011

status (set by AnonymousFinder): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingkeeta1wing from Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, December 02, 2011

Amazon Editorial Review

For the first time in his life, DI Tom Mariner's home life is beginning to look settled. There's talk of a move to the country and even kids, and while Anna is doing the talking, for once Mariner isn’t trying to evade commitment. The couple’s quiet holiday season is shattered, though, when an explosion rocks the day of a community carol concert. Tom and Anna are caught up in the aftermath of the event, and it remains unclear if the tragedy is accidental or an act of terrorism. Meanwhile, an unexpected reunion with an old friend thrusts Mariner into the unofficial investigation of a violent double murder to which he is inextricably linked. Mariner finds himself amidst a world of corruption where the boundaries between friend and foe are blurred.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (12/6/2011 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Sent to the winner of the 5th Mystery/Thriller & Tea Sweep.
Congratulations!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hi keeta1, thanks for the book, the tea & the lovely Christmas card - this looks just my sort of tale :o)

Love your Tardis label too!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Not a bad thriller, didn't keep me as gripped as some do but still held my interest enough to keep me reading 'til the end! While it's a certainly a crime novel the focus is very much on the personal life of Mariner. The discovery of a connection between the murder victims & Mariner means Mariner makes some surprise discoverys about his past which have a knock-on effect with his relationship with girlfriend Anna.

I'll happily read more in this series, though I wasn't a fan of Anna (don't really understand her attitude to her brother, maybe I need to read an earlier book), plus I have an inkling that the relationship between Mariner & his new DCI (introduced at the end of the book) could cause sparks - or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part....

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Lawson Road Health clinic in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (11/13/2012 UTC) at Lawson Road Health clinic in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left on a table in reception

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

most enjoyable will read more chris collett books