corner corner Perfect Murder

Perfect Murder
by Peter James | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingVekikiwing of London , Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, November 28, 2011

status (set by Tsjara): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingVekikiwing from London , Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, November 28, 2011

Picked up second hand for my secret santa partner

Journal Entry 2 by wingVekikiwing at -- somewhere in Greater London --, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, November 28, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (11/28/2011 UTC) at -- somewhere in Greater London --, Greater London United Kingdom

popped in the post

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Woo hoo! Thanks for not only this wishlist book but another two as well - thanks Secret Santa - hope you had a great Xmas!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Victor Smiley and his wife Joan have been married for nearly twenty years, but each barely recognises the person they wake up with every morning. Victor is so fed up with his job at the local egg-box factory as well as distracted by his visits to his favourite prostitute, Kamila that he hardly notices his wife's constant ridicule.

Joan has resigned herself to the fact that Victor will never see beyond her double-chin to a new hair cut or outfit. She even puts up with his constant snoring which keeps her up night after night. Just. For unbeknownst to Victor, Joan is taking her sweet revenge: spending large amounts of money on his credit card, kitting herself out in a sexy new wardrobe, to impress her secret lover, Don.

But then, as the bills mount, Victor loses his job. Soon he realises that the only way he can achieve his dream of setting up home with Kamila is to get Joan out of the picture. But Victor is about to get a nasty surprise. For he's not the only one with murder on his mind.....

Oh how I love Peter James! This is a cracking little tale of murder with some lovely touches of humour ( the fact that Victor worked for the ninth- largest makers of egg boxes in England particulary tickled me for some reason!)

It only took me about 20 mins to read - & it was 20 mins of my day very well spent :o)

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Sent by mail, Anniversary RABCK draw -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 06, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (2/8/2012 UTC) at Sent by mail, Anniversary RABCK draw -- Controlled Releases

This little book is being sent out as an extra "prize" in my Fifth BC Anniversary draw. It's on it's way to someone who takes part in the Mystery/Thriller & Tea Sweepstake so I hope they enjoy this short murder tale as much as I did :o)

Journal Entry 6 by Hayes13 at Roma, Lazio Italy on Monday, February 20, 2012

What a surprise! Arrived this morning. Thank you, thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by Hayes13 at Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Friday, November 02, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (11/3/2012 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland

Hello Happy Reader!! This wonderful little story is going off to another Tea and Mystery participant.

I hope you enjoy it too!

Journal Entry 8 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Thanks for the tea collection and this 20-minute guide to murdering your spouse (in case Plum-Crazy's JE can be trusted - is her hubby still around?). Looking forward to it! I once worked with somebody who made me think of ways of a perfect murder - I never could figure out one, unfortunately.

Journal Entry 9 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Not quite my way to go about a murder. I've been to a vet congress and was told today that only 2,5 ml of the new euthanasia drug is enough to knock dead a human being. Given by mouth. Perhaps the fact that I said I have a bothersome 91-year-old dementing aunt made them reveale this off-label usage of the product. Have to think about it.
Meanwhile tomorrow is the draw for the next winner of tea & mystery sweepstake and I will send this book on to another lucky tea-drinker.
Edit: La Donna è mobile; I had another book which is on the winner's wishlist, so I'll spare this for another occasion.
Edit number two: It took me so long to read the wishlist book this one travels along as a bonus...

Journal Entry 10 by kirjakko at Québec, Québec Canada on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (12/27/2012 UTC) at Québec, Québec Canada

This is a bonus book for winning the Tea & Mystery Sweepstake; sorry it has taken me so long to send it as I was slowly reading your wishlist mystery... In case you ever get tired of your hubby this book comes handy.

Journal Entry 11 by carelaisa at Québec, Québec Canada on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Thanks for the book, as well the other one and the tea!

Another that I don't really know - looking forward to read it and get to know this author!

Journal Entry 12 by carelaisa at Québec, Québec Canada on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Part of the Quick Read series... Indeed it was a quick read. Less than two days to read while commuting to work! But it didn’t grab my attention like any good crime novel usually do, especially those written by British authors. This one felt like déjà vu, the storyline was a common one, we kind of guess where it will go and event the ending is easy to guess. Nevertheless, it was a good enough read when I was commuting but nothing more!

Journal Entry 13 by carelaisa at Birthday Buddy, Birthday present -- Controlled Releases on Friday, March 22, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (3/22/2013 UTC) at Birthday Buddy, Birthday present -- Controlled Releases

Sent to my birthday buddy Tsjara, along with another book and something else.

enjoy and Happy Birthday!

Journal Entry 14 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, April 01, 2013

Oh what a lovely surprise! Thank you very much Carelaisa for the books, the beautiful card and the tea (so many flavours!) :) Hmm.. the perfect murder? Makes me curious.. :p