corner corner The Grapes of Wrath

The Grapes of Wrath
by John Steinbeck | Literature & Fiction
Registered by erishkigal of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on 11/23/2011

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by erishkigal from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I've watched the film several times, but I've never read the book. Now I've started, but haven't had time to finish before this needs to be released...for the final move of Bookcrossing Monopoly. ( So it will be off to the library for a copy to finish reading.)

Journal Entry 2 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, November 24, 2011

When we (Team Boot) were talking about possibilities for a "museum" release, I went to UMFA's website to see what were the current exhibits.....and found Depression Era Art .... 'The Grapes of Wrath' came immediately to mind..... and I wondered if the museum, back when they started work on pulling this together, had any idea how appropriate it would be....

UMFA
I borrowed the image of this painting, ' Private Cars', for my label and release images.

Journal Entry 3 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, November 24, 2011

An itinerant book, Bally is ridin' the rails, carrying the message of bookcrossing, in the manner of hobos, depression -era folks, and possibly too many people down-on-their-luck in today's economy. And what better book to set a-travelling than The Grapes of Wrath :-)

Journal Entry 4 by erishkigal at UMFA (Utah Museaum of Fine Arts) in Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (11/23/2011 UTC) at UMFA (Utah Museaum of Fine Arts) in Salt Lake City, Utah USA

released in the LaConte Stewart Depression Era Art exhibit, in front of "Private Car."

to the finder of this book
Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels around from reader to reader. I hope you will please let us know it has been found.

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

Journal Entry 5 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, November 24, 2011

and just one more, for a close-up of "Grapes" and hobo Bally ~

if you don't see Bally,try enlarging the pic~~he's sitting atop the boxcar.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, November 25, 2011

Found while at the museum Wednesday. Never read this or heard of bookcrossing. Sounds cool.