corner corner ノックの音が―There was a knock (Kodansha English library)

ノックの音が―There was a knock (Kodansha English library)
by 星 新一Shinichi Hoshi | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winglils74wing of Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

status (set by NTCRRS-OBCZ): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglils74wing from Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I came upon this little book sometime--I think it was last year--in one of my favourite used & new bookshops here in Kathmandu. It was so unusual and random, I had to have it. And what original and unique stories. I am so impressed at how the author was so creative, all with one opening line. I thought it was a great idea for a short story collection.
For some reason I've had it in my mind since finishing this to send it to ApoloniaX, as I know she likes Asian literature. I'm not sure if that's only South Asian, or also Japanese, so let's see!

Journal Entry 2 by winglils74wing at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/15/2012 UTC) at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal

Mailed this out to ApoloniaX today, with some other small things that I'd mean to mail out to you at Christmas--sorry for the delay, I'm terrible! :)
I hope you enjoy them nonetheless, and that they reach you soon and safely!

Journal Entry 3 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Friday, April 27, 2012

Thank you so much for this lovely little book and all the other goodies that came along! I had given you my work address - and it arrived right at lunch break, with some colleagues watching me unpack it. They were quite impressed :-)
And, yes, I do like literature from all over Asia.

Journal Entry 4 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

I agree, great idea for a short story collection! I took the book with me on a long train ride where it kept me entertained. It will travel on right away :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingApoloniaXwing at Surprise, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/2/2012 UTC) at Surprise, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Travelling along with a box of sweets...

Journal Entry 6 by wingChremajorawing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, May 03, 2012

It certainly was a surprise, ApoloniaX! Thank you so, so much for your generosity :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingChremajorawing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, May 10, 2012

This little book kept me happy for an hour or two with a nice cup of tea and now it is ready to travel on to a new OBCZ in the USA. It has been set up at a railway station and I think this book is ideal as it is sure to appeal to travellers. I hope it finds a nice new home!

Journal Entry 8 by wingChremajorawing at Norristown, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/15/2012 UTC) at Norristown, Pennsylvania USA

I am really excited about this - it is the first (of hopefully many) books I am sending all the way from Germany to go on the shelf of the newly-founded OBCZ. I hope it someone whiles away an hour or two on an otherwise boring journey with this little book! It would be great if the finder checked out book crossing, maybe even became a member and joined our fun society...

The door is alway open to new members!

Journal Entry 9 by wingNTCRRS-OBCZwing at Norristown, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thank you so much for the sweet book you sent for the zone! I loved the note and the extra surprise of the chocolate:) Such a pretty wrapper! And Yummy!
The zone is doing well - books fly off the shelf and occasionally even check back in:) Thanks for asking! This is a really unique zone as almost any type of book will get taken:) Which is really coo IMO!
To be released shortly.

Journal Entry 10 by wingNTCRRS-OBCZwing at NTCRRS-OBCZ in Norristown, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, August 06, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (8/7/2012 UTC) at NTCRRS-OBCZ in Norristown, Pennsylvania USA

Thank you so much for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it is entirely free). If you choose to join, I would love if you could indicate NTCRRS referred you. I really hope you enjoy the book you found! When you’re done reading it, you can make another journal entry with your comments here to let me know what you thought of it. You can keep the book forever and ever or pass it on to someone else. If you’re giving it to someone directly, make another journal entry saying so. If you choose to leave it somewhere “in the wild” for anyone to catch, make release notes that indicate where you left it. If you register, you will be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Then you can track this book as it goes on its journey!

If you are in the greater Philadelphia area the first Sunday of the month, please join the Audubon BookCrossers at our monthly gathering at Panera Bread in Audubon (Norristown) PA.

Visit our group page at: groups.yahoo.com/group/abxc/