corner corner Like Water for Chocolate

Like Water for Chocolate
by Laura Esquivel | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingBooksandMusicwing of Seattle, Washington USA on Saturday, November 12, 2011

status (set by elizardbreath): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingBooksandMusicwing from Seattle, Washington USA on Saturday, November 12, 2011

This is not a fantasy but it has many fantastical elements, reminding me of Gabriel Garcia Marquez books. It is a romance with magical elements, reminding me of Alice Hoffman books. It is also uniquely Mexican, with culture, and lots of food. Food is intertwined throughout the story and the book includes recipes with every chapter. It is the magic of food and love. I like it! I'm not so sure about the ending but it does fit the rest of the book in its own strange way.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I am putting this book into elizardbreath's fiction book box.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (9/19/2012 UTC) at Seattle, Washington USA

Released into elizardbreath's fiction book box

Journal Entry 4 by elizardbreath at Pendleton, Oregon USA on Saturday, September 22, 2012

This came home in my Fiction Bookbox. Thanks for participating!

Journal Entry 5 by elizardbreath at Donated to Library Book Sale in Pendleton, Oregon USA on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (9/22/2012 UTC) at Donated to Library Book Sale in Pendleton, Oregon USA

Releasing to the Pendleton Friends of the Library book sale.

To the finder of this book:

Thanks, and Happy BookCrossing! :)