corner corner Biblioholism: The Literary Addiction

Biblioholism: The Literary Addiction
by Tom Raabe | Nonfiction
Registered by wingChremajorawing of Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 11/11/2011

status (set by pippis): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingChremajorawing from Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, November 11, 2011

From your secret Santa! Hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Saturday, December 17, 2011

I'm delighted! Thank you so much for this wishlist book, Chremajora.

You made my Secret Santa package really very suspenseful... no mention of your name anywhere, no sender's address (at least not yours in Siegen, that was clear)...

Lovely surprise that it's you :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Saturday, December 24, 2011

A humorous, hilarious, tongue-in-cheek description of biblioholics and their lives, different types of them, forms of bibliomania, with tips on how to smuggle books into the house and lots of little anecdotes and trivia. At times a bit repetitive, but lovely entertainment for all booklovers.

Journal Entry 4 by wingApoloniaXwing at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (12/26/2011 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Off to kirjakko for the wishlist tag game.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thanks so much for this wishlist book, ApoloniaX. This looks SO my book!

Journal Entry 6 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm still reading feverishly tag-books I've promised to various people, so this will have to wait until it gets to bed with me. Meanwhile I lent it to my old friend Elisabeth, 73 yrs, who used to be the life and soul of the Academic Bookstore's English pocket books department and who is now retired and living surrounded with books - two rows on every shelf, piles on most of the tables and chairs, some books under the bed even! We usually like the same books, so I'll let her have the first tasting.
Elisabeth doesn't go anywhere near a computer, but always tells what she thought of the books.

Edit: That is not Elisabeth 's pile, it's the highest of my Mnt.TBRs (2016).

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Elisabeth didn't finish the book. It was repetitive and didn't tell her anything she wouldn't already know. "Yes, the book describes me, but I know what I'm like. Tell me something I didn't know!"
The book returns to Kirjakko.

Journal Entry 8 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, March 18, 2012

The book is back and I'm hoping to read it soon.

Edit 2016: My fire exit. Hopefully there won't be a fire.

Journal Entry 9 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Making notes for myself: I've tagged Annimanni with this book, so I have to read it pretty soon.

Journal Entry 10 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Hmm, I have to say that I was rather disappointed with the book. I had already pictured in my mind what sort of things could be described in this kind of a book, but the author seemed to lack a sense of humour and his text was plainly boring! Didn't finish it and next weekend it will continue to Annimanni.

Journal Entry 11 by kirjakko at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (6/10/2012 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

To be given to Annimanni at BC Summer Meeting in Tampere.

Journal Entry 12 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thanks for the wishlist book, kirjakko! I'll give it a go soon.

Journal Entry 13 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Another disappointed reader here. The book started well and I chuckled aloud while reading the first couple of chapters (esp. Confessions of a Biblioholic), but the further I read, the less I thought it was a tongue-in-cheek tale about bookaholics/readaholics like me (as I had expected) but instead an incoherent collection of descriptions of various kinds of mental illness (people eating books, for example) and other, mainly uninteresting, trivia. Boo.

Journal Entry 14 by wingPiikuwing at Parainen, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Thank you for this wishlist book, Annimanni. I'm a bit concerned after reading the previous je's, but I will give it a chance.

*** Edit 6/2016: This book has gathered dust on my shelf far too long. I'll see if it finds a new reader in next BC meetup in Piikkiö.

Journal Entry 15 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, June 19, 2016

I'm not confessing to having a PROBLEM with books. Others might think I have one, but then again I could say a thing or two about their glass cats, egg cups and crochet work on every surface...