corner corner Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul

Journal Entry 1 by erishkigal from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Someone gave this to me, shame, I don't recall who....
anyway, I'm registering it as a potential BC Monopoly release. We haven't decided yet, but since time is so short this round, I want to get it registered and labeled "in case."

Opens with the phenomenal Maya Angelou's poem "Phenomenal Woman."

Journal Entry 2 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, November 11, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/10/2011 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

A care package for one in need~~

On this next-to-last turn in BC Monopoly, Team Boot has landed on Tables and Chairs, and rather than kick back with our boots up on an actual table, we have decided to "Turn the Tables" on Team Top Hat. In turn 12, Boot landed in hospital, sick with the flu; Top Hat held a healing Get Well card. We tried hard to trade, so as not to lose our turn. We offered books to all, wishlist books, local goodies from Spain, the Netherlands, and the Great Salt Lake. But Top Hat tightly clutched that healing card, turning down all our generous offers.

Now, the game is almost finished, that card unused. And when Top Hats catch the 'bugs' sure to go around this winter, it will not be able to help them through their misery.

Team Boot has magnanimously decided to "turn the tables," and help them get well. The three of us are each sending a 'care package' to one Top Hat.

Because Chicken Soup is always needed when sick in bed, "Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul" is the release book. Also included to help this Top Hat when she is ill are: a packet of Lipton's Chicken Noodle Soup, a bag of cough drops, Alka-Seltzer, pocket tissues, assorted teas and tisanes (including Ginger, to help the Chicken soup stay down!), Emergen-C, and a Get Well card, to be opened
when ill and in need of cheer.

BEST WISHES TOP HAT~~~We hope you recover more quickly than
we did!!!!

addendum:

the other two care packages ~~
klaradyn will recieve from passmaster (who realizes s/he will need to wait a season before it's useful, unless it also helps for the summer cold),

Healthy througout the Winter

and marko has sent Love in the Time of Cholera to s-o-a-s. Along with some usual flu remedies, the ever-brilliant marko has included a packet of condoms marked"prevention is better than cure."

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Well done Team Boot!! I got quite a chuckle out of this package when it arrived yesterday. My Top Hat is off to your creativity!!

Looking forward to reading this book -- have already decided that I will then share it with the other members of Team Top Hat. Maybe they will share their books as well.

If it makes you feel any better, retroactively, you will still end up way ahead of us in points for the entire game -- and you got some much-needed rest and recuperation time. :)

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Maryland USA on Saturday, December 24, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (12/22/2011 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Maryland USA

A while back, I intended to leave this at the Red Cross when I went to give blood, but could not get an appointment after all.

Since then, it came to my attention that ResQgeek's wife had been taking a very hard year almost personally (she lost a lot of people she loved and was feeling cursed) and could probably use some positive karma. I mailed this book to her along with the Christmas card for ResQgeek. Hope it makes her feel a smidgen better.

Welcome to Book Crossing -- this book is now yours to read, retain, release, or any combination thereof which suits your fancy. Books registered with Book Crossing are tracked by those who have read them before to see where they will go and who they will meet on their journeys. People who participate in the Book Crossing community often establish friendships and trade books or comments on books and just relish a relationship with other readers across the globe.

You are welcome (and encouraged) to create a journal entry on the book, particularly when passing it on to a specific someone or releasing in the wild. You don't have to read the book to create a journal entry nor do you have to feel obligated to write only positive things. All those who have had their hands on the book before you would be excited to read any journal entry you choose to make.

You can remain anonymous or join Book Crossing, where you are known to others by the screen name of your choice and no personal information is revealed. If you join, you can receive e-mail updates about all the places this book travels to in the future. (I would love it if you listed me, 6of8, as your referring member).

Sharing books in this fashion is just another way of spreading good karma across the world. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by ResQgeek at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, January 02, 2012

My wife appreciated the note and the thought that brought this book to our house. However, she isn't much of a reader, and it is very unlikely that she would ever get around to reading this one, so I've added it to my available pile, to release at some future time and place.

Journal Entry 6 by ResQgeek at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (4/21/2013 UTC) at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

======================

DEAR FINDER,

I hope you enjoy the book!