corner corner An Ocean Apart

An Ocean Apart
by Pilcher, Robin | Women's Fiction
Registered by wingBoekentrolwing of Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on 11/8/2011

status (set by sheepette): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingBoekentrolwing from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Synopsis:
"For six dreadful months, David Corstorphine has tried to come to terms with his young wife's death, while caring for his three motherless children. Try as he may, David is unable to return to work, and his only form of solace comes from working in the garden of his parents' estate in the Scottish countryside.

Dispatched unexpectedly to New York, David's family hopes that the impromptu business trip will help him get back on his feet. But the journey proves both disastrous and heartening. David finds himself settling in comfortably among the strangers of a seaside Long Island town, and takes a job as a gardener. But it is the people he meets, the pain he confronts, and the joy he is able to once again experience that prove to be magically transformative-- and as David learns to accept his enormous loss, he is able to open his heart to love once again."

Journal Entry 2 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/10/2011 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

Released to sheepette, for the Top 3 wishlist RABCK thread. I hope it arrives safe and soon. I wish you a lot of reading pleasure with this book :-)

Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by wingsheepettewing at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thank you very very much for the Random Act of Kndess which arrived yesterday. Sorry haven't had chance to Journal it until now.

I think i might save this to christmas to read.

Thank you again.

Journal Entry 4 by wingsheepettewing at Totton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 07, 2017

Firstly so sorry that this has taken me so long to read.

I have just started this. It is fairly depressing so far. but think I am enjoying it.

rest assured tho' it is a well travelled book. It has been in my holiday bag ready for me to start for years. (sorry) but have obvioulsy never finished my current read at the right time.

I started this book while on a cruise round the canaries.

Thank you once again and I apologise for the delay

Journal Entry 5 by wingsheepettewing at Totton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Just finished this today. It was quite depressing and though I felt sorry for David, he did make me cross, we've all lost someone close (maybe not a life partner)

I was cross and upset, he went to the other side of the world leaving his motherless children behind to cope on their own, then got close to another child knowing that he was going to leave him also.

I also felt there were a lot of coincidences in this book.

Thank you again for sending me this book.

included in the following release challenges:

Septemebers Ultimate challenege (release)
Themed Release
Septemebers Saphire challenge
KTM July - August.

Journal Entry 6 by wingsheepettewing at Tropical Gardens in Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Sunday, September 03, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (9/2/2017 UTC) at Tropical Gardens in Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

on a bench during the air festival.