corner corner Death Comes for the Archbishop (Vintage Classics)

Death Comes for the Archbishop (Vintage Classics)
by Willa Cather | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winggypsysmomwing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 11/5/2011

status (set by gypsysmom): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggypsysmomwing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, November 05, 2011

The cover is a little different from the one shown. In my edition, which was published in 1971, there is a clergyman wearing a blue surplice over a clerical collar, and a tan jacket and tan hat with blue sky behind him. I found this book at a used book sale in the lobby outside of the Scotiabank in the Trizec Building. Books were $1 each or 5 for $3 so, of course, I bought 5. The proceeds from the sale were going to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, a cause that is near and dear to my heart since my husband has had Type I diabetes since he was 14 years old. It's been 75 years since Banting and Best discovered insulin but insulin is not a cure for diabetes, just a treatment. The JDRF hopes to find a cure and hopefully it won't take another 75 years.

Journal Entry 2 by winggypsysmomwing at St. Mary's and Fernwood Avenue in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/5/2011 UTC) at St. Mary's and Fernwood Avenue in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I plan to leave this book outside of Christ the King Catholic Church. This release is for the Monopoly release challenge for the Train Team as a light blue cover to signify that we have landed on all the light blue squares on the board.