corner corner The Best American Humorous Short Stories

The Best American Humorous Short Stories
by Unbekannter Autor | Literature & Fiction
Registered by mimi4711 of Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, November 05, 2011

status (set by souram): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by mimi4711 from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Ein ungewünschtes Geschenk - vielleicht gefällt's wem anders.

Jetzt ein RAY:
1. Booksieboo
2. DU?

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooksieboowing at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Heute ist das Buch per Post bei mir angekommen. Es wurde als Ray auf Reise geschickt und ich bin der erste (und bisher der einzige) Empfänger. Danke mimi4711!!

Update am 09.11.11:
Sobald ich das Buch gelesen habe, geht es dann weiter in die Schweiz für souram

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooksieboowing at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

As explained on the inside cover, "some of the stories in this book are not humorous by today's standards but are instead sentimental, even sad".
The eighteen short stories span the years 1839 to 1914, and are therefore much older than I had expected.
Next time I'll do some more research before "grabbing" a book on offer. :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooksieboowing at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (11/23/2011 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Sent by International Book Post to souram in Switzerland.

Journal Entry 5 by wingsouramwing at Genève, Genève Switzerland on Monday, November 28, 2011

The book arrived safely in Switzerland, thanks :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingsouramwing at Genève, Genève Switzerland on Thursday, January 05, 2012

My favourite is The Angel of the Odd by Edgar Allan Poe...
"Humph ! resumed the voice as I continued my survey, "you mus pe so dronk as de pig den for not see me as I zit here at your zide."
Hereupon I bethought me of looking immediately before my nose, and there, sure enough, confronting me at the table sat a personage nondescript, although not altogether indescribable...
- I zay, said he, you mos pe dronk as de pig, vor zit dare and not zee me zit ere..."

Oh, already 2012 ? Who's next then ?