corner corner How Bad are Bananas?: The Carbon Footprint of Everything

How Bad are Bananas?: The Carbon Footprint of Everything
by Mike Berners-Lee | Health, Mind & Body
Registered by oofiri of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 11/4/2011

status (set by salvami): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by oofiri from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, November 04, 2011

"We all want to do the right thing for the planet, but what is the real impact of each of the things we do and why?" This book aims to make comparable the carbon footprints of wildly various things, trying to keep a sense of the order of magnitude. Informative despite the necessarily arbitrary figures.

To be released.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Picked this up at the meet-up tonight as it looked intriguing. And guilt-inducing, too...

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Like oofiri said, this was an informative book. A bit repetitive of course, due to the format, and not a particularly riveting experience (I'm not a numbers person so all the calculations were a bit too much for me :D), but all in all a worthy read.

***

The book will now travel on to salvami who picked it from the European Non Fiction VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by salvami at Wexford, Co. Wexford Ireland on Monday, July 23, 2012

Thank you, Annimanni, for sending it to me :)
It looks interesting, I know I will go investigating all the stuff in our house with this book!