corner corner The Pillars of the Earth

The Pillars of the Earth
by Ken Follett | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingazukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 11/3/2011

status (set by azuki): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingazukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Got this at Miami's library book sale for BookCrossing's Monopoly game. Call me shallow but I most certainly am not wading through a thick tome like this...

Tom Builder's dream is to build a cathedral, but in the meantime, he must scrounge about to find a lord that will hire him. His search pulls him and his family into the politics of 12th-century England, as different lords vie to gain control of the throne in the wake of the recently deceased king. Prior Phillip, a man raised in the monastery since childhood, also finds himself drafted into the brewing storm as he must protect the interests of a declining church.

Journal Entry 2 by wingazukiwing at Mary Brickell Village in Miami, Florida USA on Friday, November 04, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/3/2011 UTC) at Mary Brickell Village in Miami, Florida USA

Left at the "Hercules of Brickell" statue in front of Grimpa. It is supposedly the largest bronze sculpture of Greek mythology.

Hi! Congratulations on finding a very special BookCrossing book.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Visit also the BookCrossing community to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!