corner corner Aesop's Fables (Collector's Library)

Aesop's Fables (Collector's Library)
by Aesop | Children's Books
Registered by wingJPixwing of Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on 10/29/2011

status (set by NixM): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingJPixwing from Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 29, 2011

hippolein kindly sent me this brand new book as a RABCK. I am a very lucky bookcrosser! Looking forward to reading it, I already love the pictures. The book is also nice and small so it will easily fit in my bag for my daily commute.

This timeless collection brings together three hundred of the most enduringly popular of Aesop's fables in a collection that will delight young and old readers alike. Here are all the age-old favorites-the wily fox, the vain peacock, the predatory cat, and steady tortoise-just as endearingly vivid and relevant now as they were for their very first audience.

Journal Entry 2 by wingJPixwing at Glastonbury Festival in Pilton, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/30/2013 UTC) at Glastonbury Festival in Pilton, Somerset United Kingdom

Planning to read and release at Glastonbury Festival this weekend. Woo hoo!

Hello, and welcome to Bookcrossing! Thanks for finding this book, I hope you enjoy it. Please leave a message to say where you found it, it's free and anonymous! Feel free to keep the book, give it to a friend or release it into the wild again for someone else to find. If you would like to track where the book goes next join Bookcrossing (also free) and you'll get sent an email when the next person finds it. Happy reading...

Journal Entry 3 by NixM at Pilton, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Found at Glastonbury Festival! We were coming back from dropping our stuff off at the car and noticed this little book propped up against a fence outside Gate A. I'd never heard of bookcrossing before, but I love the idea! We passed this book around our campsite on Sunday evening and various people enjoyed browsing through it - my mum remembered most of the stories from a lovely illustrated version she'd had as a child.

I've got a long train journey to make this week so I'm planning to read it on the train and then release it somewhere between Barrow-in-Furness and Stafford! Looking forward to seeing who picks it up next.