corner corner The Natural History of Umbracula: A Definitive Study of a New Species

Journal Entry 1 by AlisonWinChis on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Perfect candidate for Book Crossing as it features photos of abandoned umbrellas perceived as lifeforms.

Journal Entry 2 by AlisonWinChis at The Goodlife Centre in Southwark, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (10/26/2011 UTC) at The Goodlife Centre in Southwark, Greater London United Kingdom

Find the book a new dry home in a restaurant,bar or library.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Robin Hoods Bay, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 13, 2011

amusing and pleasantly daft. similar idea to my unpublished works featuring street wise coke cans, forlorn post boxes and quizzical cows. all evidence of which has now been erased from human memory.

will release in a suitable location soon.

Journal Entry 4 by w0zzza at -- Trains, Tube, Buses --, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Found this book on the tube. It is now travelling to Bournemouth. Strange book. Great find! Will give somebody else a chuckle.

Journal Entry 5 by DjDanzig at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pretty funny book loved it! Gonna release back into the wild soon, my partner just wants to read it first! :)

We found at Westminster Tube station

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at -- Trains, Tube, Buses --, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, November 21, 2011

I found this lovely little book on a bench in Westminster station. I must say it was a pleasant surprise and a fun read. I am going to drop it off in university tomorrow so that its journey can continue :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at -- London Tubes, -- Trains, Tube, Metro, Buses -- United Kingdom on Monday, December 12, 2011

Sweet & clever book - Most uncanny to find it perched on a plastic seat at London Charing Cross Station facing opposite Millie's Cookies! Have read it sporadically on public transport since finding it and always found myself smiling or laughing out loud - hope the next finder enjoys it too! To be released tomorrow ...

Journal Entry 8 by charltonted at Mayfair, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

An interesting "read" some of the situations are very entertaining. Found it in the Bank in Berkeley Sq, passed the time in the Q & took it with me to finish the study of the natural life of the Umbrella. I must be kind to it & will release it back into a more natural environment of suburbia. This book is not just for Christmas, but for life (20th December 2011)

Journal Entry 9 by detailista at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Found at Yo Sushi, South Bank. Thank you :)

Very odd coincidence....

I got into bookcrossing after finding a BC book whilst in Birmingham with my best friend Will.

I met will in London at Christmas to have a day out, and he found this book in Yo Sushi!

I take photos of lost gloves incidentally!

many thanks, will release soon

Journal Entry 10 by joelondon125 at Brixton, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, January 30, 2012

Rescued this delightfull little book from a cambridge bound train from London. It has now been released on to a random desk in a midsized office in Kings cross. Hopefully to resurface with more tails of adventure.

Journal Entry 11 by Farida1 at -- Trains, Tube, Buses --, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Book found in st Thomas Hospital, a very pleasant and funny read. Thanks.

Journal Entry 12 by simonread at Morden, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Funny and enlightening book about the unknown habits of the umbracula and the interaction with the bagga plastica.

Well worth a read and only takes 20 mins

Journal Entry 13 by simonread at -- Tube - Piccadilly Line in -- Trains, Tube, Buses --, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (2/12/2012 UTC) at -- Tube - Piccadilly Line in -- Trains, Tube, Buses --, Greater London United Kingdom

Going to Covent garden this afternoon, will leave on a platform seat. Enjoy

Journal Entry 14 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Lewisham, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Found this book at the back of the Blood Bank bus whilst I was feeling a bit out of it. Was sure my mind was playing tricks on me at first; but then it gave me lots of giggles whilst I biscuit-ed myself back to my feet. Lovely. Will release tomorrow in town!

Journal Entry 15 by simonread at Morden, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

i still have this book as i didn't go to covent garden in the end.

will leave on the northern line tonight

Journal Entry 16 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, February 17, 2012

Interesting! A book of sadness, found on a bus.

Journal Entry 17 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, February 18, 2012

I found this book in the library of Guy's campus (King's College London)
I was quite surprised at first : "what is that????" "bit weird, no?"
But I had a look at it on the bus and I LOVED it - It made me laugh so much... Well done!!
I'll look at Umbraculas in a very different way now, thanks :)
I will pass it on next week...

Journal Entry 18 by charliemunson at South Kensington, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, February 19, 2012

I found this book whilst travelling from north Lambeth up towards Oxford street on the tube. I started reading it and was somewhat amused by its contents. I put it in my bag and only realized its purpose when I arrived home in Minehead, Somerset, that evening. I found it brilliant and hope to leave it somewhere worthwhile for another person to pick up and read.
what a fantastic idea, right?

Journal Entry 19 by heidi1966 at Minehead, Somerset United Kingdom on Sunday, March 04, 2012

found this book on the hall way table after my son bought it back from london to somerset........ fun book to read will leave it somewhere safe when the rest of the family have read it !!

Journal Entry 20 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Scarborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 09, 2012

Found in the blood testing waiting room at Scarborough Hospital. Brightened up the experience. Going to release it in a more fun place!

Journal Entry 21 by MelanieGay at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, March 19, 2012

Just picked it up from its home in Webber St. Plan to release in Melbourne, Australia on Thursday.

Journal Entry 22 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Oswestry, Shropshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 28, 2012

I'm not sure I like it - it seems a bit daft to me but I will pass it on to someone else. Some one else might like it and find it fun.

Journal Entry 23 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at -- By post or by hand --, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 28, 2012

A highly informative insight into a fascinating species, which includes in-depth research and documentation of the subject field. A highly recommended academic journal.

Courtesy of the Good Life Centre - SE1

Journal Entry 24 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Found on a train on a maintenance depot, taking it to Ibiza with me in 2 days, hopefully someone will find it there!!

Journal Entry 25 by lantch at Bodegraven, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sent to me by a friend in Portugal Still thinking where I will leave it so it can continue it's journey safely!

Journal Entry 26 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Sevenoaks, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, July 20, 2012

I found this book at Charring cross station on my way to Kent. I hope it has an exciting onward journey!

Journal Entry 27 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Found in southbank...made a lovely break imbetween reading my bible & the evening standard.
*lol* i now c my brolly through different eyes. Every rainy day will be a pleasant one from hence forth : )
Think ill leave it on the bus to vauxhall ....or in margate.

Journal Entry 28 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at -- Trains, Tube, Buses --, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Found outside WH Smiths at Waterloo station. A book I would never have bought but It brightened by train journey home - thank you!

Will take out into the country to release tonight ........

Journal Entry 29 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, August 02, 2012

THIS BOOK IS HILARIOUS- FOUND IT IN THE LEAFLET RACK OUTSIDE WORK!
brightened up a seemingly dull day!

Journal Entry 30 by kyleharry at South Bank, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, August 02, 2012

I'm looking forward to reading about other little known urban, migratory species.

Journal Entry 31 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at -- Somewhere in the UK!, -- Trains, Tube, Metro, Buses -- United Kingdom on Monday, August 06, 2012

Found in the ticket office of Waterloo Station on my way to see Olympic Rowing at Eton Dornay. Enjoyed the read Nd left at Barrow-in-Furness Railway Station on way home.

Journal Entry 32 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at City of Westminster, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, August 13, 2012

The book was in the book maze in the South Bank Centre, it made me smile.

Journal Entry 33 by vagrantpunk at South Bank, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thought it was a silly book - luckily i appreciate silly! Found it behind Royal Festival Hall while eating polish stuffed dumplings....

Journal Entry 34 by chevalier2 at South Bank, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Found in the book maze at the South Bank centre on Sat 11th August, released backstage at the Olympic Stadium after the London 2012 closing ceremony (in the early hours of Mon 13th August), having been read by many nervous cast members. Just the thing to relieve the tension!

Journal Entry 35 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at South Bank, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Found in Festival Hall E maze
Very interesting . Did not know such species existed

Journal Entry 36 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, August 17, 2012

Found it on next to my building's door. Pretty cool book. Now to release it abroad :)

Journal Entry 37 by BkLondon at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Life of umbrellas... An interesting collection of images.

Journal Entry 38 by JenGarry at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, August 26, 2012

We found this gorgeous little book in the southbank centre in London and will be dropping it off in downtown LA, California today :)

Journal Entry 39 by _Alexis_ at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I found this book in the book maze at Southbank Centre in London 5 days ago and took it with me travelling to Birmingham. Currently we're in Sheffield, still travelling around the country, with final destination being Prague, Czech Republic. I'm planning to show the book to some of my friends and then founding a nice dry place to leave it.
It's funny and silly, perfect thing to lighten your mood on a rainy day :)
After reading other journal entries I'm wondering just how many of these books with this number are out there...

Journal Entry 40 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at South Bank, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Found the book in the Festival Hall, while out with my daughter and kids.
Took it home to leafy Barnes. After several reads, feel it is time for it to travel again and amuse someone else so it will be released tomorrow nearby.

Journal Entry 41 by jkuls at -- Somewhere in Covent Garden in Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (8/31/2012 UTC) at -- Somewhere in Covent Garden in Covent Garden, Greater London United Kingdom

You can't miss this one ! Especially on a cloudy, rainy weather !

Journal Entry 42 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, September 01, 2012

A wonderful short and surreal read for the urban traveller.

Journal Entry 43 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Temecula, California USA on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Rec'd it from our friends who found it in London.
They visited for 2 weeks and left it on my kitchen counter top!!! LOL
I am going to go up to Napa, CA today and leave it at the resort lobby
Happy traveling little book

Journal Entry 44 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, September 16, 2012

given to me by the author at the good life centre in Waterloo. A lovely book. Will pass it on to someone who will appreciate it.

Journal Entry 45 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Monday, September 17, 2012

Really funny book :) Going to be released to the world again soon

Journal Entry 46 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at -- somewhere in Greater London --, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, September 21, 2012

Picked up book in a pub in london read it then took it across the ocean to Gander Newfoundland Canada.

Journal Entry 47 by chelseabell at Stretford, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

i found this book on the way back from a shopping trip in manchester city center with my mum my cousin kerry and my brother james on the 20th september 2012

Journal Entry 48 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Didsbury, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I read it on a very rainy day so was very appropriate. Found it on the bus to Didsbury.

Journal Entry 49 by RhiannonMairPowell at Liverpool, Merseyside United Kingdom on Thursday, September 27, 2012

A friend's co-worker found this utter delight on the train! Sooo glad to have come across the Natural History of Umbracula! :) What a gem! X

Journal Entry 50 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Southwark, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, September 28, 2012

Loved it. Photos, explanations, imagination..

Journal Entry 51 by lindaatalaptop at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, October 01, 2012

Hi All

I picked this book up from the goodlife centre in Waterloo ( it's home)
It's a delightful book.I was fortunate enough to meet the author.
I have over nine Umbracula ( all in various states of disrepair) so it certainly
struck a cord with me.Lovely,surreal,quirky oddity i will release soon

Journal Entry 52 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at A meet up, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

What an impact on me. There is another who see umbrella everywhere! shocker!
I just can't stand it. I have pickup, and put together sew a few stitches only sometimes and put it on recycle Give and Take.
In Japan, there are umbrella left outside stations, just like bicycles in China. They are reused and put back. If you feel ever grateful, you repair the broken ones before you leave it back. Just a bit of common sense.
This is soooo unnecessary.
I am so taken by the way the book is put together. Got me curious..errr what is this ..dinasours and umbrellas. Delightful way of sending a message and also see the beauty of the mess. I love it and want to hold on for a little while to share with another.
Lucky to have met the writer, would have like to know her more. This book will be on its way to Korea and I just know it has a longer journey more to go.

Journal Entry 53 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Stirling, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

enjoyable

Journal Entry 54 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sending to California!

Journal Entry 55 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at -- Trains, Tube, Buses --, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, October 11, 2012

picked it up at the goodlifecentre - it's going off soon - hope it's found

Journal Entry 56 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Gander, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Was given the book in Gander, NL, Canada. Will pass it along to someone else to read and move along.
The umbracula is rear in these parts, probably due to the windy weather, not because of a shortage of rain.

Journal Entry 57 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Gander, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My brother picked up this book in London and brought it across the pond to Newfoundland to share with us here. I will keep it moving.

Journal Entry 58 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Shepherd's Bush, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, October 22, 2012

Harmless fun.

Found in Shepherd's Bar, Shepherd's Bush, London.
It could have fallen into the hands of a creative media genius, but instead it came to me.

It'll be released back into the wild...

Journal Entry 59 by Tritzilla at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, November 02, 2012

Hi,
Ok, I cheated a bit. The book actually came with my friend from Scotland and that is how it travelled this far. I believe her niece found it on the bus in England. So from there she brought it back to Scotland and then here to Richmond, BC, Canada. I going to bring it to Vancovuer, downtown, and leave it somewhere safe there. Hopefully the next person finds it and logs in. Happy Book Finding!

Journal Entry 60 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, November 11, 2012

I was given this book on a first date at the Natural History Museum in London. So glad to finally have found a book dedicated to this fascinating species. I will be leaving it somewhere warm and safe in the next few days.

Journal Entry 61 by Taylor_Creek at Gander, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Read the book in Gander, NL and passed it along to another reader.

Journal Entry 62 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Doylestown, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Picked up at the Goodlife Centre and brought to my family in Pennsylvania. Will drop off in Doylestown to start the book's east coast journey.

Journal Entry 63 by sarahd123 at Kensington and Chelsea, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, January 17, 2013

I just love the idea of reading and passing books on ... and seeing where it has travelled to! Book is fun! .. appropriate for UK!

Journal Entry 64 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Seven Sisters, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, February 18, 2013

Gifted. Quirky book appropriate to current weather. Hope the book has a safe journey and finds a welcoming and appreciative (temporary) home.

Journal Entry 65 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Book received safely in the post. Amusing read, that made me laugh as I have had this happen to me many times (Wellington is not a place for umbrellas!).

Journal Entry 66 by paigeytou at Lewisham, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, March 29, 2013

Bloody awesome book made my morning a lot brighter on way too Wales so will pop it on the train .trippy as book though !!!

Journal Entry 67 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at -- wild released somewhere , Middlesex United Kingdom on Monday, April 15, 2013

Found in the members bar of the Festival Hall, London. Quite entertaining in a silly, mildly entertaining way, but worth passing on. Where it has been is by far the most interesting thing about it. Bookcrossing is a brilliant idea. Sending it on its way to Cornwall, from whence who knows where it may end up!

Journal Entry 68 by A_lice at -Paris 7e, Ile-de-France France on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

soon to be released again in Singapore!

Journal Entry 69 by daguk at Greenwich, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, April 26, 2013

Thought it mildly amusing but then I came up out of the tube at Queensway and spotted TWO male umbracula squaring up to each other, probably start of the rutting season. It has messed with my mind!

Journal Entry 70 by Pat-L at Combe Martin, Devon United Kingdom on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Found this book hiding in the 'to borrow' pile of books in a holiday cottage complex nr Combe Martin, N Devon.
Loved the book , often find discarded Umbraculae after heavy rain in our seaside town, so nice to have a further understanding of this species...
Cool book, loved finding it !
Will re-release shortly.

Journal Entry 71 by Farlowe at Prestwood, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Quite simply the best book I have ever read, in 3 minutes!
Not going to lie about finding it, as a work colleague found it somewhere in London and gave it to me to release. Will see how far I can send it shortly.
Sent to Rome for a holiday!

Journal Entry 72 by Farlowe at Roma, Lazio Italy on Friday, July 19, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (7/19/2013 UTC) at Roma, Lazio Italy

Sent to Rome with the Range Rover Evoque demonstration team

Journal Entry 73 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Southwark, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, August 17, 2013

A very good surprise for a book. i liked its quickness. i will release it somewhere for someone else to enjoy.

Journal Entry 74 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Found at my desk in the office, returning from holidays. Will release back soon!

Journal Entry 75 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, August 30, 2013

He encontrado el libro en bus.
Es muy curioso y con lindas fotos
Ahora està en Italia en Turin

Journal Entry 76 by Pattibcg at Sun Prairie, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

What a fun book. This was mailed to me from London and I received it Sept 3, 2013. Makes me smile and laugh. I don't think I'll ever use an umbrella again without thinking of this book. What fun and it will be traveling the states.

Journal Entry 77 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Peckham, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

found in pub in NUNHEAD (near Peckham). - Nice! will attempt to buy several copies - one for treasuring in my hoard at home and others to send to Mexico, Arkansas (USA), and other locations-
I guess I was impressed!

Journal Entry 78 by sarahclarkson at Gaydon, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 07, 2013

Found in a discovery i was valeting at work at land rover in gaydon

Journal Entry 79 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, October 21, 2013

Haven't read it but the photos look goid

Journal Entry 80 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at King's Cross, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Found it on a seat as I was getting on the bus. Funny how pictures of broken-up umbrellas can pick up an otherwise dreary day... Weather permitting, it will find itself on the 13:00 East Coast mainline service to Edinburgh tomorrow afternoon. I feel the umbracula was a species not uncommon to the North.

Journal Entry 81 by maria-gr at Southwark, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, October 27, 2013

I picked a copy of this book today from The Good Life Centre. I'll have a look and then pass it on to a friend.

Journal Entry 82 by Delhibelly at Delhi, Delhi India on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Found in a range rover

Journal Entry 83 by nickaz at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, December 07, 2013

found in the salvation army in central london when i was giving blood,
a very fair exchange,
we dont want to give it away

Journal Entry 84 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Bermondsey, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 05, 2014

FOUND BY DESIGN MUSEUM STAFF.

Journal Entry 85 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Bermondsey, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 05, 2014

FOUND BY DESIGN MUSEUM STAFF.

Journal Entry 86 by Sandydan at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

First time I've come across bookcrossing. An excellent idea.

Journal Entry 87 by Sandydan at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

First time I've come across bookcrossing. An excellent idea.

Journal Entry 88 by Sandydan at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

First time I've come across bookcrossing. An excellent idea.

Journal Entry 89 by Shepdoguk at Peckham, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, March 17, 2014

Found in the Ivy House pub in Nunhead. Save the umbracula!

Journal Entry 90 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Found this book in a coffee shop. very amusing!

Journal Entry 91 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Kensington and Chelsea, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, May 12, 2014

Found in the Elephant & Castle Pub in Holland Road, Kensington

Journal Entry 92 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at -- Somewhere in the UK!, -- Trains, Tube, Metro, Buses -- United Kingdom on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pictures of brollies

Journal Entry 93 by Tararae at Crouch End, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, June 30, 2014

But I did look at the pictures and I'll never look at an umbrella the same way again.

A friend found the book in a cafe in Crouch End, North London and gave it to me.

Its nice reading the posts of its journey up until it got to me. I'll now pass it onto someone else so it can continue its travels, hopefully it can get out of London...

Journal Entry 94 by Tararae at Crouch End, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, June 30, 2014

Journal Entry 95 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Faversham, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, November 07, 2015

Very clever and highly amusing!

Journal Entry 96 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Somewhere in the UK, -- Wild Released somewhere in UK -- United Kingdom on Friday, April 08, 2016

Found in an Eco B&B very near River Cottage, near Axminster. Fun quirky book, and as I work in London I shall enjoy looking out for umbraculae now! The book's travels are fascinating, either this one book has "gone quantum" and can be on several continents at the same time OR it can teleport OR it has bred and all copies show an amazing homing instinct for London, plus ability to smuggle themselves into people's luggage 😊
I may have to join book crossing, what a brilliant idea!

Journal Entry 97 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Pewsey, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 18, 2017

This is a very silly book, but nevertheless amusing

Journal Entry 98 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Hackney, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, September 09, 2017

Briliant sintific study of umbrellas, low iq Fellas need to stay away. Found in hackney wick hallway passing it to stranger at local pizzeria