corner corner Remarkable Creatures

Remarkable Creatures
by Tracy Chevalier | Literature & Fiction
Registered by over-the-moon of Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on 10/22/2011

status (set by readingrunner): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by over-the-moon from Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Saturday, October 22, 2011

bought for 1 fr at swapshop. It is a remarkable and surprising book about Mary Anning and Elizabeth Philpot, fossil hunters; an unsual and touching friendship between two women of different class and age, and based on real people.

Journal Entry 2 by over-the-moon at Le Livre sur les Quais in Morges, Vaud Switzerland on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (9/7/2012 UTC) at Le Livre sur les Quais in Morges, Vaud Switzerland

sur les quais

Journal Entry 3 by wingMenelwewing at Morges, Vaud Switzerland on Friday, September 07, 2012

Ramené du Livre sur les Quais! Je me réjouis de le lire, j'ai beaucoup apprécié les livres de Tracy Chevalier lus jusque-là!

Journal Entry 4 by wingMenelwewing at Nyon, Vaud Switzerland on Saturday, January 28, 2017

J'avais beaucoup aimé les deux romans de Tracy Chevalier que j'avais lus auparavant et j'ai adoré celui-ci, qui a été mon dernier coup de cœur de 2016. Une belle histoire d'amitié entre deux femmes que tout semble opposer et une passionnante description des débuts de la paléontologie! Je regrette d'avoir attendu si longtemps pour le lire!

Journal Entry 5 by wingMenelwewing at Restaurant Vapiano in Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (2/7/2017 UTC) at Restaurant Vapiano in Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland

Pour la rencontre mensuelle! Bonne lecture!

Journal Entry 6 by readingrunner at Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Wednesday, April 19, 2017

After years of "releasing" my own books unofficially after having read them, I was delighted to find this one, by an author I know and like, in a local pizza restaurant. I'd heard of BookCrossing from a friend who participates, and finding this book was the impetus I needed to finally sign up.

I enjoyed reading it and learning about the two remarkable human creatures featured in this work of historical fiction. Mary Anning is an inspiring character, as is her friend and fellow fossil-hunter Elizabeth Philpot!

Journal Entry 7 by readingrunner at Ouchy in Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (4/19/2017 UTC) at Ouchy in Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland

It's a sunny yet windy day - come and look for this book on a bench by the lake, but be sure to bring a warm jacket if you're planning to read it sur place !