corner corner The Angel Whispered Danger

Registered by Shemchin of Plano, Texas USA on 10/20/2011

status (set by eponine38): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Shemchin from Plano, Texas USA on Thursday, October 20, 2011

tbr

Journal Entry 2 by Shemchin at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, November 24, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (11/20/2014 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Sent to my partner in the US/Canada Secret Santa Exchange set up by Miss Cyn - enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Thank you so much for this and all the other books included in my Secret Santa package! I'm thrilled! This one looks really good - I love mysteries!

Edit 2/27/16: still TBR but offering in bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB. Will be a quick read.
------------------
Unclaimed after 3 rounds of the VBB so I have removed it from the list.

Journal Entry 4 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Quick read; quite enjoyable. An Angel (Augusta Goodnight) and her young apprentice are two of the characters, sent to protect Kate McBride and her daughter during a family reunion. The reunion itself was fun for me to read about: being an only child without many cousins, I always sort of envy people with larger extended families who do get together periodically.

Anyway, things aren’t exactly as they seem with Kate’s family, and unexplained past events find their explanation in this easy page-turner.
One caution: don’t read this book on an empty stomach; a large quantity of delicious-sounding food is served at this Southern family reunion! My mouth was watering. :-)

Back cover:
While trying to come up with a clever excuse for her estranged husband's conspicuous absence at the family reunion, Kate McBride arrives at Bramblewood, her great-uncle Ernest's magnificent old estate in the North Carolina pines. The regular eccentrics are all there, of course, but there's one surprise attendee that stuns Kate. Heaven-sent Augusta Goodnight wafts through the reunion in delightful strawberry-scented iridescence, a guardian angel who has come to protect Kate from danger.

When Ella Stegall, Ernest's longtime housekeeper, is found near death after falling down a ravine, she whispers that she was pushed before leaving this earth for good. Augusta Goodnight and her bumbling apprentice, Penelope, dole out chocolate and clues, helping Kate to make the connection between Ella's demise and several more suspicious deaths. Kate finally realizes that dangerous secrets are lurking at Bramblewood - and it's up to her to catch a killer.

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Little Free Library, 71 Holland St. in Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (1/31/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, 71 Holland St. in Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Left at about 4:15. Hope it finds a new reader!

Released for zbird's Clean Start for the New Year challenge hosted by BOOKWORMINUSALL, for the embedded "gel".
Released for Keep Them Moving Challenge hosted by booklady331.

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!