corner corner Catholic and Christian: An Explanation of Commonly Misunderstood Catholic Beliefs

by Alan Schreck | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by wing6of8wing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 10/6/2011

status (set by 6of8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wing6of8wing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Thursday, October 06, 2011

When I began attending a Catholic law school I was struggling a little with the culture, sure I was missing inside references that only the Catholic students got. A professor recommended this book as a way of "learning the language" and I read bits and pieces of it and found it helpful. It has been languishing on my shelf, waiting for me to read the other parts, but once I realized that I wasn't missing that much at school and then graduated, the need was not so pressing.

I am registering this now preparatory to releasing it as part of Team Top Hat's turn in Book Crossing Monopoly, which calls for a release at a church. Since there are several Catholic churches in the area, this seemed a good choice.

Journal Entry 2 by wing6of8wing at St. Mary, Mother of God, Catholic Church in Washington, District of Columbia USA on Friday, October 07, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (10/6/2011 UTC) at St. Mary, Mother of God, Catholic Church in Washington, District of Columbia USA

This book is released as part of the Book Crossing Monopoly game. Team Top Hat's challenge this week was to release a book at a church.

Welcome to Book Crossing -- this book is now yours to read, retain, release, or any combination thereof which suits your fancy. Books registered with Book Crossing are tracked by those who have read them before to see where they will go and who they will meet on their journeys. People who participate in the Book Crossing community often establish friendships and trade books or comments on books and just relish a relationship with other readers across the globe.

You are welcome (and encouraged) to create a journal entry on the book, particularly when passing it on to a specific someone or releasing in the wild. You don't have to read the book to create a journal entry nor do you have to feel obligated to write only positive things. All those who have had their hands on the book before you would be excited to read any journal entry you choose to make.

You can remain anonymous or join Book Crossing, where you are known to others by the screen name of your choice and no personal information is revealed. If you join, you can receive e-mail updates about all the places this book travels to in the future. (I would love it if you listed me, 6of8, as your referring member).

Sharing books in this fashion is just another way of spreading good karma across the world. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy the book!