corner corner The Teaberry Strangler (A Tea Shop Mystery)

The Teaberry Strangler (A Tea Shop Mystery)
by Laura Childs | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wandering-B of Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on 10/6/2011

status (set by Soozreader): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wandering-B from Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Thursday, October 06, 2011

From the cover:

The narrow cobblestone alleys of Charleston are bustling with shoppers looking for bargains on antiques, heaping bowls of crab chowder - and of course Theodosia Browning's delicious teas. But when the clock strikes ten, the alleys clear, except for one body - discovered by a horrified Theodosia. It's the strangled form of Daria, the map store's owner. . . ."

Sending off to a sweeps winner - enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by wingChremajorawing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Sent to me as part of the crime & tea sweepstakes, together with some other books and some delicious-looking tea - all on my TBR/TBdrunk piles :)

Thank you so much, I am looking forward to them!

Journal Entry 3 by wingChremajorawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (5/16/2012 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Passing on for your birthday! Hope you enjoy it and have a lovely day :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Journal Entry 4 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, May 28, 2012

Thank you so much for the huge birthday parcel you sent along this wishlist book! I really couldn't believe my eyes when all sorts of goodies where coming out of the envelope - everything from Champagne chocolate (delicious!) to bubble bath! Looking forward to reading another tea shop mystery. Running a tea shop could be fun... Without the corpses, though.

Journal Entry 5 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, October 22, 2012

This elderly lady has to write everything down nowadays. I've tagged Annimanni with this book which thus will climb a little higher on Mnt.TBR.

Journal Entry 6 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, February 10, 2013

I've often said that the plot of Ms Child's mysteries isn't that great but I love her description of the Indigo Tea Shop. This time the plot, too, was good and the murderer managed to surprise me as well. So far my favourite of the series.
Always nice to have links to your own life in the books you read: Miss Kitty used to work for Fragonard in Paris and I've visited their museum cum shop in Paris.
I'll write down Ms Child's tip for making rose-flavoured tea:
"Strip rose petals from a rose bouquet or from rosebushes in your own garden, the dry the petals very well. When they are dry and crumbly, simply add a few petals to your favourite tin of black tea. After a few days the rose petals will impart a rosy flavour and fragrance."
I've drank rose tea resently and it had a very nice after-taste, so will certainly try this. Not from a rose bouquet, though, as flowers nowadays are sprayed with all sorts of chemicals for brighter colours and what not.
Reserved for Annimanni.

Journal Entry 7 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (3/31/2013 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I'll be driving past oofiri today and leaving the book to her to be finally taken to Annimanni. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Received with warm thanks!

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, January 05, 2014

This is an exceptional cozy mystery series in the sense that Childs hasn't let her standards drop - not yet anyway. An enjoyable read again.

Journal Entry 10 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (1/5/2014 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Off to Chania as a wishlist tag book. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Thank you very much!

Journal Entry 12 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Another pleasant read from Childs. Atmospheric, cozy and a bit exciting too, just like it should be!

Journal Entry 13 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sending to Ronya next!

Journal Entry 14 by Ronya at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Friday, April 01, 2016

Thanks Chania! Looking forward to read this.

Journal Entry 15 by Ronya at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Easy going strory and not too much drama. I enjoyed this. This was first teashop mystery to me and I would like to read others as well.

Journal Entry 16 by Ronya at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Saturday, April 15, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (4/15/2017 UTC) at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland

Off to next reader. I hope you'll enjoy!

Journal Entry 17 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Thank you very much for this wishlist book!:)