corner corner Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series)

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series)
by J. R. Ward | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Mecu of Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on 10/5/2011

status (set by myntti): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Mecu from Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf going on between vampires and their slayers. There also exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Among them, none relishes killing their enemies more than Wrath, the leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

The first book of BDB series tells the story of Beth Randall, half human, half vampire and Wrath who must usher Beth into the world of the undead.

Journal Entry 2 by Mecu at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (10/11/2011 UTC) at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland

Private Courier Service will take this to Kemppu :) Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Kemppu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Courier Known As My Boyfriend has brought the book to me. Thank you, Mecu! I've read this book in Finnish, but I wanted to see how it is like in its original language, since the translation is somewhat clumsy and corny here and there. I liked the book a lot even though it is basically vampires, sex and violence. Or perhaps I liked just because of that. Hmmm...

Journal Entry 4 by Kemppu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Yes, the book definitely works better in its original language! I read it only here and there though, because it I read it in Finnish only recently. The book is now available and will continue its journey in one way or another.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmynttiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, January 20, 2012

From tonight's BC meet-up. Thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by wingmynttiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, July 21, 2012

"Vampires, sex and violence." Yup, that's pretty much it. The book starts with a 4-page glossary of terms and proper nouns. That was a bit off-putting. You get a feeling of "oh no, do I have to remember all of these right from the start". Well no, you don't. Then you get to the point where the vampires are introduced. Tohrment, Wrath, Vishous, Rhage... Seriously? What is this silliness? But if and when you get past that, then you just start following the story. That's what happened to me anyway.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmynttiwing at Tampereen yliopisto / University of Tampere in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (7/21/2012 UTC) at Tampereen yliopisto / University of Tampere in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Bookcrossing table at Finncon2012.

***
BC-sivuston kielen saa halutessaan vaihdettua sivun ylälaidan vihreässä palkissa olevasta linkistä. Suomenkielinen keskustelufoorumi: http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/30