corner corner Running with Scissors

Running with Scissors
by Augusten Burroughs | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingmeganhwing of Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

status (set by supposerose): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingmeganhwing from Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

The book is quite weird, I find it difficult to believe that Augusten who was such a fastidious young boy accepts the living conditions of the Finchs when his mother dumps hm there. The relationship with Brockman is quite indecent - as a thirteen year old he mentions he is gay and ends up in a sexual relationship with the thirty five year old. Doctor Finch and his family are all dreadful characters too. Even the twenty something year old Hope who still lives at home and ends up killing her cat from starving it after she believes the cat is dying anyway!
I really ended up thnking it was more a work of fiction than a memoir by the time I got to the last page. So many weird things happened in his life!

Journal Entry 2 by wingmeganhwing at Green Sage Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (9/9/2012 UTC) at Green Sage Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

This book was set free to find a new reader and I'm glad you've found it!
If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this free and anonymous community and learn about what it has to offer. It would be great if you make a journal entry of some sort, maybe you could say where you found it (they don't always stay where they were originally left!) or what you think of the idea of travelling books.
You can keep it or leave it for someone else to find. And don't forget, if you join BookCrossing (it doesn't cost anything to join!) and make release notes (to say where you've left it, and when) next time it's journalled you'll hear from it too! Please feel free to send me a Private Message, by clicking on the name “meganh”, to ask for help with anything.

Journal Entry 3 by supposerose at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Just picked this up from our Bookcrossing meet up at Sage Cafe. A great morning, thank you everyone. A weird book but am ready to give it a go.

Journal Entry 4 by supposerose at Bus Stop Cape Street in Heidelberg, Victoria Australia on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Released 9 mos ago (7/5/2013 UTC) at Bus Stop Cape Street in Heidelberg, Victoria Australia

On bus stop seat in shelter