corner corner Shanghai Girls: A Novel

Shanghai Girls: A Novel
by Lisa See | Literature & Fiction
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 10/2/2011

status (set by ugogirl73): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Sunday, October 02, 2011

Gift from Mom on Summer 2011 Visit.

Journal Entry 2 by brewski at Markham, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

This was a truly captivating story that really made me appreciate even more how I came to be born in the USA.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski at Alcatel-Lucent Building - Markham in Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/1/2013 UTC) at Alcatel-Lucent Building - Markham in Markham, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, brewski, as your referring member.

Journal Entry 4 by ugogirl73 at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, February 29, 2016

I found this in my LFL and grabbed it because I have been to Shanghai and am fascinated by its history. I enjoyed this novel - a relatively quick read but very engaging story and characters. The contrast between the calm narrative and the often horrifying scenes she describes allows the reader's own emotional reactions to become part of the story. I would recommend this book - I'm even a little sad to put it back in my LFL. A great 20th century immigrant narrative.

Journal Entry 5 by ugogirl73 at Little Free LIbrary in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (2/29/2016 UTC) at Little Free LIbrary in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Popped in the LFL for someone else to enjoy!