corner corner Miracle Girls #2

Miracle Girls #2
by Nami Akimoto | Graphic Novels
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, September 30, 2011

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, September 30, 2011

I purchased this at a library used book sale, but decided not to read it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at Fairfax Station, Virginia USA on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (10/11/2011 UTC) at Fairfax Station, Virginia USA

Adding this to a manga/graphic novel bookbox. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Selected from the manga box.
I think reading this will bring me back to the sweet memories when I read this type of manga as a kid.

Journal Entry 4 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Despite starting with the second volume, it is very easy to jump into the story. Mika and Toni are twins with psychic power: they are telepathic with each other and can teleport.

Pretty standard shoujo manga stuff: teenage girl with magical power and budding love interest. Cute drawings. I probably would have enjoyed it more were I quite a bit younger.

Journal Entry 5 by wingazukiwing at Manga Boobox in Manga Bookbox, Book Box -- Controlled Releases on Monday, July 02, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/2/2012 UTC) at Manga Boobox in Manga Bookbox, Book Box -- Controlled Releases

putting into AlterEgoZoe's manga box.

Journal Entry 6 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Thursday, September 20, 2012

This book enjoyed a brief stop in San Jose, California before continuing its travels in AlterEgoZoe's Manga bookbox!

So each twin has conveniently found a boy to love, and by the end of Vol. 2 they're both happily coupled off. Yeesh, they're drawn like 8 year-olds, it makes me feel old. What seems really bizarre to me is that they agree to go with a creepy teacher - a teacher has attacked them before - on a trip away from home. This just SCREAMS bad idea, and the Toni and Mika do it anyway?

I'd say that this is generally a good series for young girls, since the language is non-offensive and there's no extreme violence or scariness, but honestly? Some of the messages of the story - boys will always show up to save you in the end, if your teacher wants you to go with him to a mysterious place far away you should go - are not ones I want to share with young'uns.

Journal Entry 7 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, February 23, 2013

I'm taking this (as well as Volume 3) from AlterEgoZoe's Manga/Manhwa bookbox. This series is new to me!

Later: Definitely for younger readers - although the teacher who's stalking the girls in search of a scoop re their powers comes across as quite creepy, at least until the kids manage to get the upper hand. At that point he turns into a kinda-sorta member of the group, and things get really goofy. (The bit where he's hoping to gain psychic powers through a potion and winds up with just the ability to shoot beams of light out of his eyes - I admit I chortled at that.)

Journal Entry 8 by wingGoryDetailswing at Post Office bookswap shelf (UBCZ), 353 Middlesex Rd. in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (6/4/2013 UTC) at Post Office bookswap shelf (UBCZ), 353 Middlesex Rd. in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA

I plan to leave this book on the book-swap shelf in the Tyngsboro post office lobby at around noon; hope the finder enjoys it!