corner corner A Lesson in Secrets: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (P.S.)

This is a special book -

A Lesson in Secrets: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (P.S.)
by Jacqueline Winspear | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingFraculawing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

status (set by Eri-Cherry): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingFraculawing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 17, 2012

In the summer of 1932, the career of psychologist and investigator Maisie Dobbs takes an exciting new turn when she accepts an undercover assignment from the British Secret Service. Sent to pose as a junior lecturer at a private college in Cambridge, she will monitor any activities “not in the interests of His Majesty’s government.”

When the college’s controversial pacifist founder, Greville Liddicote, is murdered, however, Maisie is directed to stand back as her colleagues in Scotland Yard spearhead the investigation. But she soon discovers that the circumstances of Liddicote’s death appear inextricably linked to the suspicious comings and goings of faculty members and students under her surveillance. To unravel this web, the investigator must overcome a reluctant Secret Service, discover shameful hidden truths about Britain’s conduct during the Great War, and face off against the rising power of the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei—the Nazi Party—as the storm clouds of World War II gather on the horizon.

Journal Entry 2 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, May 10, 2012

I, how I love this series about this strong, independent and generous woman.

I'd been waiting for #7 but since it's been on order for months, I skipped ahead to #8. Wish I'd waited, as there were 2 key happenings that I missed and was a bit of a spoiler.

That said, the richly told mystery did not disappoint and I will continue to await each new volume and hope the author has many more planned!

Journal Entry 3 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/12/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at the Calgary May meet-up of BookCrossers at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 4 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thanks for the opportunity to reread these books; I enjoy them just as much as the first time!

Journal Entry 5 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Book 8 in the Maisie series and the conflicts between her work committments and the demands of friends and family are beginning to escalate. The author drops hints about the possibilities for Maisie's future but very little is revealed by the novels end. It is interesting to try to guess the path the author has determined for Maisie.

Journal Entry 6 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/11/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Took the book to the Calgary BC Meetup at the Joshua Tree Cafe today.

Journal Entry 7 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 12, 2012

Holding the book for future meetup.

Journal Entry 8 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (10/13/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the Calgary BC Meetup at the Joshua Tree Cafe today.

Journal Entry 9 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Picked up at October's meeting. Adding to my really large TBR pile, better start reading...

Journal Entry 10 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Loved this book!!!!! All Maisie Dobbs novels are just amazing!!!! Everyone just needs to read them. Really engaging read and I just couldn't put it down.

Journal Entry 11 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Released 8 mos ago (1/11/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to January's BookCrossing meeting.

Journal Entry 12 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 11, 2014

I couldn't wait till I got this book so cheated and went to the library....love Maisie Dobbs!

Journal Entry 13 by soccergal at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 12, 2014

Love Maisie! These books transport you back in time and almost make you wish you lived in the era. Never disapointed in reading a Jacqueline Winspear book.

Journal Entry 14 by soccergal at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 12, 2014

Released 2 wks ago (9/12/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Bringing back to the Bookcrossing monthly meeting.

Journal Entry 15 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Picked up at get together