corner corner Glazed Murder (Donut Shop Mysteries)

Glazed Murder (Donut Shop Mysteries)
by Jessica Beck | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 9/26/2011

status (set by sannuli): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, September 26, 2011

Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

Publishers Weekly Review
This delicious new mystery/recipe series will give readers some serious doughnut cravings. When a dead body is unceremoniously dumped in front of her smalltown doughnut shop in the wee hours of the morning, Suzanne Hart knows it's not going to be an ordinary day. The deceased is Patrick Blaine, a friend and loyal customer. Against advice from her overprotective mother and hunky state police investigator Jake Bishop, Suzanne decides to try to track down Patrick's killer, but her investigation makes her a target. Beck turns a somewhat predictable plot into a light, fun read filled with entertaining characters—Suzanne's two-timing ex-husband, her wacky best friend, and an ex-cop pal who gives her the inside scoop—who have the potential to transcend the cozy mystery formula in future volumes.

A nice easy undemanding read.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, September 26, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (9/28/2011 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

On its way to 3vie as part of the Wishlist Tag Game, hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by 3vie at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, October 03, 2011

thankyou for sending this - looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by 3vie at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Oh no, this is another series that im going to be addicted to. I loved it. It was a nice easy read - i love cozy mysteries.

Journal Entry 5 by 3vie at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (8/30/2012 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Sending to the winner of the tea/thriller/mystery sweeps ;0)

Journal Entry 6 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, September 06, 2012

The book and tea arrived safely in Helsinki today, thanks a lot 3vie for this cozy mystery and the fruittea!

Journal Entry 7 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, September 30, 2012

The donut shop mystery finished today, and I have to tell I feel sorry for not being able to try out the recipes throughout the book, as all ingredients are put in American mesures. The mystery was nice, didn't see it coming at all. Makes you wonder what else that writer has coming up...
Thanks a lot for sharing!

Journal Entry 8 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, February 07, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (2/7/2016 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Book is going to kirjakko next

Journal Entry 9 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, February 07, 2016

Thank you for this yammy mystery, everybody! Perhaps I'll lose weight if I only read about donuts (wishful thinking).

Journal Entry 10 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, July 29, 2017

Reserved to Chania as a wishlist tag. Have to read it first, though.

Journal Entry 11 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, January 15, 2018

Gaa, I've just remembered this ancient tag... Gosh how time flies, this is sooo embarrassing 😦😦. I'll promise to be fast. Sorry Chania.

Journal Entry 12 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Finished. So this was the first of the series, I’ve read some before, but it has not mattered that they were read in the wrong order.
I liked the story, but like in almost all cosies these two ladies would have been long dead snooping around that openly.
Like Suzanne said, she had been carefree when going to work in the middle of the night prior the murder - I know the feeling. Since my friend and workmate got murdered by a madman on the loose I have been more jumpy and careful. I do not tell my dog to be quiet when we leave from work in the dark as she has always had the habit of barking in the darkness just in case. Before I thought it bad manners, now I think ”better safe than sorry”.

Journal Entry 13 by wingkirjakkowing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Thursday, January 18, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (1/18/2018 UTC) at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland

Finally the book gets to travel on. I ploughed through 30 cm of new snow to the post office - bookcrossers keep the mailmen in bread, butter and donuts no matter what the weather. Sorry about the delay with this wishlist tag, Chania.

Journal Entry 14 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Saturday, January 20, 2018

Thank you! This made happy both me and my dog - either she smelled the donughts or previous owner's dogs :)

Journal Entry 15 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Sunday, August 05, 2018

Nice cozy mystery. Of course the plot felt pretty familiar, after all those books I've read in the same genre, but still there is always room for more!

Journal Entry 16 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Friday, August 10, 2018

To sannuli next!

Journal Entry 17 by sannuli at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Sunday, August 19, 2018

Thank you!