corner corner Vintage Murder

Vintage Murder
by Ngaio Marsh | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Moriquen of Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on 9/18/2011

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Moriquen from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, September 18, 2011

"Commemorating 75 years since the Empress of Crime's first book, the second volume in a set of omnibus editions presenting the complete run of 32 Inspector Alleyn mysteries. DEATH IN ECSTASY Who slipped cyanide into the ceremonial wine of ecstasy at the House of the Sacred Flame? The other initiates and the High Priest claim to be above earthly passions. But Roderick Alleyn discovers that the victim had provoked lust and jealousy, and he suspects that more evil still lurks behind the Sign of the Sacred Flame! VINTAGE MURDER New Zealand theatrical manager Alfred Meyer is planning a surprise for his wife's birthday - a jeroboam of champagne descending gently onto the stage after the performance. But, as Roderick Alleyn witnesses, something goes horribly wrong. Is the death the product of Maori superstitions - or something more down to earth? ARTISTS IN CRIME It starts as an art exercise - the knife under the drape, the pose outlined in chalk. But when Agatha Troy returns to her class, the scene has been re-enacted: the model is dead, fixed in the most dramatic pose Troy has ever seen. It's a difficult case for Chief Detective Inspector Alleyn. Is the woman he loves really a murderess!? "

Journal Entry 2 by Moriquen at Handschoenmarkt in Antwerpen, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, September 23, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (9/23/2011 UTC) at Handschoenmarkt in Antwerpen, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Op het monument van Nello en Patrash op de Handschoenmarkt kan je dit boekje terugvinden. Veel plezier ermee!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Wrocław, Dolnośląskie Poland on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

i was visiting my family in Belgium and had a trip to Antwerp. It was a foggy morning, I was there for the first time and the city really impressed me. I just left the cathedral when the bells started to ring, and suddenly I noticed something lying on a monument. At first i thought it was some newspaper, then - a book added to newspaper, because it was in a plastic bag. When I opened it, I saw a sign: "I'm a free book". It was a special feeling, because I've heard about that idea before. Thanks to that this trip was kind of magic ;) and Antwerp will always remind me something good! Now I'm gonna leave it somewhere in Poland and hope someone will have a special day thanks to me - but first I want to read it myself.