corner corner The Summer House

The Summer House
by Christobel Kent | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by LindyLouMac of Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on 9/18/2011

status (set by LindyLouMac): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LindyLouMac from Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Product Description Amazon
Rose Fell's friends think she's taking a big risk when she leaves the security of home and career to move to the beautiful but isolated village of Grosso, near Genoa. But after a year of emotional turmoil Rose no longer has any ties back home, and she relishes the challenges of a new start. Making a home, however, in the ravishing, haunted landscape of Italy's Riviera coast, turns out to be lonelier than Rose had anticipated. And it is only when she is asked to write a profile of one of her reclusive neighbours, the once-glamorous film star Elvira Vitale, that Rose feels her new life is really beginning. But when a young girl's body is found on the local beach, and the following day Elvira's hardworking migrant cleaner, Ania, goes missing, Rose finds herself embroiled in a murder investigation that threatens the idyll she has worked so hard to establish.

Journal Entry 2 by LindyLouMac at Viterbo, Lazio Italy on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Another thriller with a realistic Italian background a different author though, but one I have read for the Italy in Books Challenge before back in February, A Party in San Niccolo

The story centres around Rose Fell a divorcee who left a secure job in journalism and family in London to move to a beautiful but isolated village in Italy near Genoa. After a year there she is still finding it a struggle to integrate, however when she is asked by a colleague from the UK if she can write an article about another local her life changes. At about the same time a young girl is found dead on a local beach and another young local woman disappears. Rose finds herself embroiled in this local mystery. Ania, the young woman that is missing was until the time of her disappearance working for the once famous model and film star Elvira Vitale that Rose is due to interview. Elvira and her younger British husband whom she no longer seems able to trust spend every summer in Italy and winters in the UK, hence the British press interest in the couple. The danger that is lurking closer than either of them realise throws these women together.

To repeat what I said about the last novel I read by this author, there is enough suspense skilfully built into the story that kept me turning the pages to make this a very quick and entertaining read.

Journal Entry 3 by LindyLouMac at By mail from Italy, Fellow Bookcrosser in England -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 03, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (10/7/2011 UTC) at By mail from Italy, Fellow Bookcrosser in England -- Controlled Releases

Dear Finder of this book,

You don't have to join or sign up or anything to bookcrossing to leave a comment here but if you do join, you will receive emails to alert you when others make a journal entry for this book and track its travels across the world. If you decide to join bookcrossing, now that you have discovered the site, I'd be delighted if you would mention me - LindyLouMac - as the person who introduced you to the site.

Happy reading