corner corner Foreign Fruit

Foreign Fruit
by Jojo Moyes | Literature & Fiction
Registered by doodleali of Arnold, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 15, 2011

status (set by darkhorse4460): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by doodleali from Arnold, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Donated to go on the shelves at Sherwood Community Centre. Thought this sounded interesting, havn't read any books by Jojo Moyes so thought I'd give it a try. Quick enjoyable read, liked the characters.

Journal Entry 2 by doodleali at Divine Cafe in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (11/19/2011 UTC) at Divine Cafe in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Taking to the Nottingham meet on Saturday, if no one takes it, I shall leave it on the bookshelves.

Journal Entry 3 by Cinderess at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Very pleased to have seen this amongst the books at the meet in Nottingham on Saturday. I've been having a bit of a Jojo Moyes fest recently, having read and enjoyed The Ship of Brides book a while back.

Thank you for sharing.

Journal Entry 4 by Cinderess at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A really enjoyable story as always. Note to self: do not read Jojo Moyes books in the bath. Two hours + later and I'm still planning to just 'get to the end of this chapter then get out!'

The only thing is that I'm really not sure what the Epilogue is about; incest? Pretending to be pregnant, then losing it and not able to have another? .....?

20/12/11 I asked the author, on Twitter, about the puzzling epilogue and this is her reply (SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!)

"Nervous breakdown due to lies. The lie being evidence of her mental instability anyway... hope that helps!" Jojo Moyes

Journal Entry 5 by Cinderess at Oxford Retreat in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (1/12/2012 UTC) at Oxford Retreat in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Taking to the Bookcrossing meet tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, welcome!

Please make as many, or few, comments about the book as you wish. The book is now yours to do with as you choose. Keep it, pass it on, but please leave the label, so we can keep in touch with what's happened to it.

If you would like to know what happens to the book if you decide to pass it on, then do join BookCrossing. It's free, private and it's great fun!

And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me Cinderess as your referring member.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Journal Entry 6 by Ali4189 at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 09, 2012

sorry for delay in making entry

Journal Entry 7 by Ali4189 at Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/3/2012 UTC) at Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

Good write up. Just didn't have the time to read it.

Journal Entry 8 by darkhorse4460 at Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 03, 2012

Picked up at Beaconsfield meet up this evening. Doesn't look like my type of thing but has been highly recommended.