corner corner The Flood

The Flood
by Ian Rankin | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by KawasakiBabe of Littletown, Liversedge, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 9/12/2011

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by KawasakiBabe from Littletown, Liversedge, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 12, 2011

Picked up for wild release - may read and review first.

Journal Entry 2 by KawasakiBabe at Todmorden Train Station OBCZ in Todmorden, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (10/24/2011 UTC) at Todmorden Train Station OBCZ in Todmorden, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Thank you for taking the time to visit us at book-crossing. You may remain anonymous or you may wish to join; it's free, and spam free, and you are only known by your chosen nick name.
Whatever your decision, please let us know here where you picked up the book, what you think of it, and what you decide to do with it, so previous and future readers can follow its progress around the world.
Happy reading.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 24, 2011

This wasn't on the OBCZ shelf long - about 30 seconds! Picked up as KawasakiBabe was dropping it off - thanks! :o)

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I've only read one Rebus novel & wasn't overly impressed but my Dad has been telling how much he's enjoyed them so thought I'd give Rankin another go with this non-Rebus tale. It's a dark, atmospheric, rather gloomy coming-of-age tale set around Sandy & his mother Mary who is considered by her neighbours in the village as being something of a witch - certainly she is regarded as an outcast, it is the 1980's after all not the 1580s!

An interesting read but the dismal situation of the two main characters makes it hard for me to say I enjoyed it. Then again it's not meant to be a happy tale so maybe that was the writers intention. Best just read it & form your own opinion ;o)

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Charity Shop in Wigtown, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (9/5/2013 UTC) at Charity Shop in Wigtown, Scotland United Kingdom

Released as part of the SEPTEMBER SAPPHIRE Challenge (#20)

If you're reading this then you've found a travelling book!

The point of releasing book into the "wild" is that they are a free gift from the bookcrosser to the finder.However, in this case, the book was given as a donation to a charity shop so you will have had to pay for it. Thank you for purchasing it & contributing to the charity.

Or maybe you found it else where....if so, please tell us where it has travelled to!

I hope you enjoy reading it & when you've read it, why not do entry to say where it's going next & then all it's readers, past & present, will be able to follow it's travels.

(If you decide to join in the fun at bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy as your referring member.....help spread the words!)

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Wigtown, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Now in Chingford, London, just finished reading and will be going to local charity shop next week.