corner corner Doctor Who: The Gemini Contagion

Doctor Who: The Gemini Contagion
by Jason Amopp | Audiobooks
Registered by Schneefee of Hagen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, September 11, 2011

status (set by d-vineland): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Schneefee from Hagen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, September 11, 2011

thanks to medimops I finally own this Audio-Double-Package (amazon says, it's not released yet...)!
anyway, here's the amazon.de-Kurzbeschreibung:
Meera Syal reads this exclusive audio story featuring the Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond. The ice-planet Vinsk, in the year 2112. The all-new anti-viral handwash, Gemini, has been laced with Meme-Spawn: a sentient micro-organism which makes the user fluent in every language in the universe. However, manufacturer Zalnex made one crucial mistake. They didn't test Gemini on humans, who are seized by the violent urge to communicate but speak every language all at once - with a manic, garbled shriek - and pass on the virus by touch. The Doctor and Amy arrive on an Earth-bound cargo-ship loaded with Gemini, where a human crew are succumbing to the virus which has nasty second and third phases in store. When the Doctor and Amy are separated, they both know that it's only a matter of time before Amy is infected. With the ship locked on course, and no way of curing the sufferers, the Doctor is faced with a terrible decision: does he save Amy, or Earth? Written specially for audio by Jason Arnopp, "The Gemini Contagion" is read by Meera Syal, who played Nasreen Chaudhry in the BBC TV episodes "The Hungry Earth" and "Cold Blood".

L-O-V-E-D it, although I never fancy endings where people sacrifice themselves - Night of the Humans was especially tragic!.

will travel with The Jade Pyramid to:

The Eye of the jungle
The Rebel Flesh
The Almost People
A Good Man Goes To War

Journal Entry 2 by Schneefee at Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (9/27/2011 UTC) at Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

plague spreads to Dresden

Journal Entry 3 by wingRikkiDDwing at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

TARDIS came to visit me. I'm looking forward to listing to the Doctor and his companion.

Journal Entry 4 by wingRikkiDDwing at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Scientists developed a new cosmetica and did some testing - but as discribed not suffient enough and it happens what has to happen.
An other fantastic story around the Doctor and Amy - perfectly read.

Journal Entry 5 by wingRikkiDDwing at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

An other fantastic story around the Doctor and Amy - perfectly read.

Journal Entry 6 by wingRikkiDDwing at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (10/26/2011 UTC) at Dresden, Sachsen Germany

TARDIS travels again - goos luck.

Journal Entry 7 by wingtoshokaninwing at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Monday, October 31, 2011

I liked the story, but didn't like the reader very much. I'm looking forward to the other two audiobooks that are read by Matt Smith :-)

Journal Entry 8 by wingtoshokaninwing at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (11/26/2011 UTC) at Dresden, Sachsen Germany

weiter zu die Henkerin - viel Spaß!

Journal Entry 9 by wingDieHenkerinwing at Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, November 28, 2011

Angekommen! :)
Vielen Dank fürs Schicken und für den Ring!!

Journal Entry 10 by wingDieHenkerinwing at Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I wish I could absorb every language... ;)

Journal Entry 11 by wingDieHenkerinwing at Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (1/11/2012 UTC) at Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany

The T.A.R.D.I.S. now continues its journey to delfinnetti. :)

Journal Entry 12 by wingdelfinnettiwing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, January 13, 2012

In time for the weekend! Thank you - did I sound that desperate in my PM for my drug aka The Doctor? ;-)
I´ll be hearing these audiobooks during housework and in the gym. I should have listened to the lot by monday...

Journal Entry 13 by wingdelfinnettiwing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Great story! The only small downside of this audiobook was, that it wasn´t read by Matt Smith. I got on with the female vioce, but I´d have prefered Matt! No, I´d have loved Matt to read this story! A way to learn ALL languages would be great! I listened to it while eating my dinner.

Journal Entry 14 by wingdelfinnettiwing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (2/16/2012 UTC) at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

This audiobook is now on it´s way to phoenixfeather. Thank you for the Audioring!

Journal Entry 15 by phoenixfeather at München, Bayern Germany on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Arrived savely, really looking forward to listening to it!

Journal Entry 16 by phoenixfeather at München, Bayern Germany on Friday, April 27, 2012

On its way to d-vineland - thank you for the ring!

Journal Entry 17 by wingd-vinelandwing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Sunday, June 03, 2012

Upps, das hatte ich ganz vergessen einzutragen, weil es in einer Hülle mit der Jade-Pyramide steckte. Danke fürs Schicken!

Ich fand die Geschichte doch ein bisschen far-fetched, bis ich an unsere Auswüchse von functional food dachte. Also. LISTEN TO ME .....

Journal Entry 18 by wingd-vinelandwing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/30/2012 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Geht am Montag weiter an kayla8m - viel Spaß damit!