corner corner The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games
by Suzanne Collins | Teens
Registered by wingMinerva101wing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 10, 2011

status (set by MoomaOma): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingMinerva101wing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Definitely one of the best YA books I've ever read - the series is addictive. Also - the movie is due out in March 2012 - so read it before Hollywood ruins it ;-P

Product DescriptionIn the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlaying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one girl and one boy between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has also resolved to outwit the creators of the games. To do that she will have to be the last person standing at the end of the deadly ordeal, and that will take every ounce of strength and cunning she has.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (9/10/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to the Bookcrossing meeting at the Joshua Tree for the Movie theme. The book rocks - I am worried about the movie.....

Journal Entry 3 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Acquired at the September Calgary BookCrossing Meeting. I've been meaning to read this for months, if its as good as everyone says it is I'll need a second copy.

Journal Entry 4 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 16, 2011

Guh, I will need my own copy. Put it in my school bag to read on the bus, navigated to class with it attached to my face, now finished, haven't got anything done this evening. Its amazing, I love it.

Journal Entry 5 by stormarela at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Captured at the October meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 6 by stormarela at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, March 09, 2012

LOVED it (even though I didn't think I would) Once I got past the first 5 chapters, I was hooked. Its a fast read, mostly because I just couldn't put it down. Now I need the next in the series!

Journal Entry 7 by stormarela at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 10, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/10/2012 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at the BookCrossing monthly coffee meeting!

Journal Entry 8 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 11, 2012

Grabbed at get together

Journal Entry 9 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 22, 2012

This book was full of awesomeness. Overall it's a predictable story, but it is very well written. It was hard for me to put down.

Thanks for the excellent read!

Journal Entry 10 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at Joshua Tree Cafe get together

Journal Entry 11 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Picked this up at the June BookCrossing meeting. Never heard of it before I saw the movie trailer. Haven't seen the movie but am intrigued.

Journal Entry 12 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Rather surprised that I enjoyed this book. Will take it to the July meeting to pass along

Journal Entry 13 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada