corner corner 44 Scotland Street

44 Scotland Street
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingMaranlinwing of Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, September 08, 2011

status (set by Kally93): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingMaranlinwing from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, September 08, 2011

From the back cover:
This is a novel about the inhabitants of 44 Scotland Street, home to some of Edinburgh's most colourful characters. Pat, a twenty year old, has recently moved into a flat with Bruce, an athletic young man with a keen awareness of his own appearance. Their neighbour, Domenica, is an eccentric and insightful widow. In the flat below are Irene and Stuart and their appealing son, Bertie, who is the victim of his mother's desire for him to learn the saxophone and Italian - all at the tender age of 3.

Love triangles, a lost painting, intriguing new friends and an encounter with a famous Scottish crime writer are just a few of the ingredients that add to this delightful and witty look at Edinburgh society.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My husband and I both read this book several months ago, enjoyed it very much and we have since read the next 4 books in this series.

Journal Entry 3 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 23, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/23/2012 UTC) at Burlington, Ontario Canada

Mailed this to Kally93 who chose it from the General Literature VBB hosted by bookstogive. I love this Alexander McCall Smith series. I hope you enjoy it too!

Journal Entry 4 by Kally93 at Brantford, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Book arrived today! Thank you for sending it so quickly.
I have read and really enjoyed a book from another series by this author, so I'm really looking forward to reading this book.

Journal Entry 5 by Kally93 at Brantford, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

I could not resist reading this book, so it made it's way to the top of my TBR pile and I have just finished reading it. I really enjoyed this book! Alexander McCall Smith is such a witty writer and his characters are charming. I will lend this book to my parents, whom I think will enjoy it, before passing it on.