corner corner Innocent Traitor: A Novel of Lady Jane Grey

Innocent Traitor: A Novel of Lady Jane Grey
by Alison Weir | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingoppemwing of Hermiston, Oregon USA on Monday, September 05, 2011

status (set by redfox5): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingoppemwing at Lake Elmo, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (9/28/2011 UTC) at Lake Elmo, Minnesota USA

You have been tagged - hope you enjoy the read.

Journal Entry 2 by Poobah1 at Lake Elmo, Minnesota USA on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Many thanks, oppem, for the nice book from my wishlist! Fun Game!

Journal Entry 3 by Poobah1 at Lake Elmo, Minnesota USA on Sunday, December 11, 2011

I finally got around to reading this one. It's my first book from this author. I found it a little dry but still a fascinating and tragic story of Lady Jane Grey. She lost her head just as a few of King Henry VIII many wives did. It was certainly a brutal life back then. Though I still would recommend it for the historical insight I think I enjoy Phillippa Gregory's writing a little better.

I'll check wishlists and hopefully will send it off to another BookCrosser.

Journal Entry 4 by Poobah1 at a fellow BookCrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, December 12, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (12/12/2011 UTC) at a fellow BookCrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

I found this one on someone's wishlist so off it goes! This little Lady Jane, originally from the cold upper region of the west coast, is on a little holiday jaunt from the chilly midwest of the US to the warm, sunny southern west coast! It'll be quite an adjustment for Lady Jane to make...but she's mellow about things and ususally keeps a cool head...I certainly hope she doesn't lose her head about it....[haha-I could go on all night!]

Cheers to all who encounter this book on its path to ???
Poobah1 :^), Minnesota, US

Books…Love ‘em and Leave ‘em.

Journal Entry 5 by stringofpearls at Escondido, California USA on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This book has been nestled under my Christmas tree but I just realized I didn't make an entry when it first arrived. Looks very interesting, I'm putting it at the top of my TBR pile. Thanks Poobah1!

Journal Entry 6 by stringofpearls at Escondido, California USA on Monday, April 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/9/2012 UTC) at Escondido, California USA

I was excited about getting this book so I read it right away and wasn't disappointed! I knew nothing about Lady Jane Grey so it was very interesting and informative. I thought some of the dialogue was too contemporary but that probably made it more enjoyable to read than 400 pages of 16th century lingo :)

I’m passing this along now in a British themed exchange for St George’s Day. Cheers!

Journal Entry 7 by wingKiwiinEnglandwing at Thorndon, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, April 21, 2012

Thank you stringofpearls for this great looking book. A very apt book for the St George's day exchange, and a book I am sure I'll enjoy.

Thank you also for the other great English themes items, the "keep calm and eat cupcakes" bookmark (there is definitely a resurgent of the war time themes in England at the moment), the tin of mints, a great looking scone recipe, and a lovely card with a painting by an Englishman on it.

Journal Entry 8 by wingKiwiinEnglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I enjoyed this story, with the details about living life in this era showing through without slowing down the story. Being a noble born woman doesn't sound a very pleasant experience.

While the dialogue was definitely rather contemporary, I was also surprised to see book by an English author about Lady Jane written in American.

Thank you for passing on this interesting story, it's good to fill in a few blanks about British history.

Journal Entry 9 by wingKiwiinEnglandwing at Mosgiel, Otago New Zealand on Saturday, April 28, 2012

I passed this book to -Tui- who is having issues logging onto the site.

-tui- enjoyed the book, and thought the parents of Lady Jane were very cruel and driven by selfish interests.

The book has now been passed back to me.

Journal Entry 10 by wingKiwiinEnglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, March 08, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (3/8/2013 UTC) at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

This book is heading to England as part of an Easter 2013 exchange. I hope you enjoy this historical fiction as much as I did.

Journal Entry 11 by wingredfox5wing at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thank you for the book and easter exchange goodies. I have alreadly read this and loved it. I confess I have already eaten some of the chocolate. I loved the Cherry Ripe. Never tasted that before. Will try the teas soon. Thank you also for the handmade easter card. I totally forgot to put a card in my exchange. Oops! I will move this book on asap. Here is my review:

Really good read. Poor Lady Jane. Did give me my Tudors fix! I'm obsessed!It would be intresting to read a book that sheds more light on the life of her sisters, Katherine and Mary. Another book I read about the Grey family had a much more loving attitude towards Mary and made Katherine to be somewhat of a slut. This book is very different about them.

Journal Entry 12 by wingredfox5wing at BookMooch, a bookmoocher -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (3/20/2013 UTC) at BookMooch, a bookmoocher -- Controlled Releases

Sent though Bookmooch. Hope you enjoy the book!