corner corner Moominsummer Madness

Moominsummer Madness
by Tove Jansson | Children's Books
Registered by VictoriaWagtail of Bagarmossen, Stockholm Sweden on Sunday, September 04, 2011

status (set by kirstykat): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by VictoriaWagtail from Bagarmossen, Stockholm Sweden on Sunday, September 04, 2011

"A great flood wave threatens Moomin Valley! When the Moomin family is flooded out of its home, the Moomins set about finding themselves a new one. And being resourceful little creatures, they soon find a very original one: a floating theatre!"

Photobucket

Journal Entry 2 by VictoriaWagtail at Bagarmossen, Stockholm Sweden on Monday, September 19, 2011

I absolutely love the Moomin books! As a child I read the books, the comic books, watched the films and listened to the music and I have only very fond memories of all the fantastic things that can only happen in Moomin Valley. But I was scarared of Morran (The Groke in English) and the Lady of the Cold of course... And I still love these books. As a grown up I can also appriciate the humour and the elegance of the Moomins, and of course, the wonderful illustrations by the author.

The image: The cover of the Swedish edition of "Midsummer Madness"

Journal Entry 3 by VictoriaWagtail at Bagarmossen, Stockholm Sweden on Monday, September 26, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (9/26/2011 UTC) at Bagarmossen, Stockholm Sweden

Thanks for helping me celebrate my bookiversary :)

<--- I support The Swedish Cancer Society with a Pink Ribbon

Journal Entry 4 by kirstykat at Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 30, 2011

Won this as part of VictoriaWagtail's One Year BC Anniversary RABCK!!! Beautiful! I JUST LOVE The Moomins and I can't wait to read this!! :)