corner corner White Fang

White Fang
by Jack London | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingchamonix44wing of Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on 9/2/2011

status (set by louisefinlayson73): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingchamonix44wing from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, September 02, 2011

I bought this book from a church book sale, especially for BookCrossing. I will be releasing it soon.

Amazon Editorial Review
The adventures in the northern wilderness of a dog who is part wolf and who eventually makes his peace with man.

Journal Entry 2 by wingchamonix44wing at Eastleigh, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (6/22/2012 UTC) at Eastleigh, Hampshire United Kingdom

I mailed this book to JPix on 22nd June 2012.

If you are reading here, then I want to tell you that this is a FREE . book, and there are no catches! It is now yours! Please read on.....
If you are the finder of this book it would be nice if you could leave a message here to say that you have it. Do not worry because I don't want the book back. It is yours to keep if you want it. I just want to know it is now in safe hands.

Hello and congratulations!
You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join. If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me,
chamonix44 .as your referring member.

Journal Entry 3 by wingJPixwing at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, June 25, 2012

Wow, this book is 80 years old, brilliant! "The most thrilling story ever written about a Dog", sounds fab. Thanks chamonix44, I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingJPixwing at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 12, 2012

I enjoyed this book, but it was darker and more violent than I had imagined. Although I should have got a clue from the cover! Poor old White Fang, he had a hard time of it, but he also gave as good as he got.

Journal Entry 5 by wingJPixwing at Bristol in Bristol, given to a friend -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/11/2013 UTC) at Bristol in Bristol, given to a friend -- Controlled Releases

Hello, and welcome to Bookcrossing! Thanks for finding this book, I hope you enjoy it. Please leave a message to say where you found it, it's free and anonymous! Feel free to keep the book, give it to a friend or release it into the wild again for someone else to find. If you would like to track where the book goes next join Bookcrossing (also free) and you'll get sent an email when the next person finds it. Happy reading...

Left by the Gromit dog statue with a sunflower on his nose at the Riverside Garden Centre in Bristol. This is Team Shire's entry for the Hurdles event in the Bookcrossing Olympics 2013.

The Hurdles event is about one book taking part in as many challenges as possible:
1) Bookcrossing Olympics
2) August 2013 Release Mini Challenge - Colours (WHITE)
3) 2013 Movie Books Release Challenge - White Fang 1991 film
4) 2013 TV Series Book Release Challenge - White Fang 1993 TV series
5) August 2013 photo release Challenge - Garden theme - Released in a garden centre near a garden themed Gromit dog
6) August 2013 Ultimate Challenge - I take part in this every month so the book counts towards my Ultimate Challenge releases
7) 52 towns in 52 weeks challenge 2013 - Bristol
8) 3 every week - 2013 - Wild release at least 3 books
9) Theme Releases 2013 - A book about a dog/wolf released near a Gromit dog statue
10) Keep Them Moving Challenge - Book was sent to me by chamonix44
11) Never Judge a Book By Its Cover - Week 31 (Physical movement - extended 1 day extra this week) wHITe Fang
12) Film/TV Buch Challenge 2013 - White Fang 1991 film/1993 TV series
13) 4 Elements Challenge - There is a mountain summit called White Fang
14) Wald Challenge (Forest Challenge) - August theme is symbolism of trees. The Maple tree represents Canada with its leaf on the flag, and this book is set in Canada. The book was also released near a tree.
15) Release 52 boeken in 52 plaatsen release challenge - Bristol

Journal Entry 6 by louisefinlayson73 at Bristol City Centre, Bristol United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Found white fang by Gromit last Monday morning at Riverside Garden Centre where I work. I was delighted to find it as I am a lover of old books and even more delighted to discover it is a travelling book. I will keep it for a while and then release it in to the wild!