corner corner Lady in the Looking Glass (Penguin Mini Modern Classics)

Lady in the Looking Glass (Penguin Mini Modern Classics)
by Virginia Woolf | Literature & Fiction
Registered by C_ of Krakow, Małopolskie Poland on 8/28/2011

status (set by marijketje): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by C_ at Oelsnitz (Vogtland), Sachsen Germany on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

This is a tiny collectionof five short stories and it was fun to read them, but I didn't like the first three stories - "The Lady in the Looking-Glass: A Reflection", "A Society" and "The Mark on the Wall" - so much. Even if they occupy just a few pages, it took me quite a while to finish both stories. But the next parts of the book went by so quickly. I loved to read about the lonesome collector in "Solid Objects" and I also liked the sad story about the marriage of "Lappin and Lapinova" very much. So I think, I'll have to read more by Virginia Woolf to come to a decision about liking her or not :) For the moment it was a nice diversion.

Journal Entry 2 by C_ at Oelsnitz (Vogtland), Sachsen Germany on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (12/6/2011 UTC) at Oelsnitz (Vogtland), Sachsen Germany

Congratulations to the winner of the November International Sweepstakes :) I hope you'll like the book!

Journal Entry 3 by marijketje at Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thank you for the book! I never read anything by wirginia woolf before, so I am very curious!