corner corner The Double Comfort Safari Club: The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency, Book 11

The Double Comfort Safari Club: The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency, Book 11
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingReetPetitewing of Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 8/24/2011

status (set by MiuM): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi are called to a safari lodge in Botswana's Okavango Delta to carry out a delicate mission on behalf of a former guest. The Okavango makes Precious appreciate once again the beauty of her homeland: it is a paradise of teeming wildlife, majestic grasslands and sparkling water. However, it is also home to rival safari operators, fearsome crocodiles and disgruntled hippopotamuses. What's more, Mma Makutsi still does not have a date for her wedding to Phuti Radiphuti and is feeling rather tetchy herself. But Precious knows that with a little patience, just as the wide river will gently make its way round any obstacle, so will everything work out for the best in the end ...

Journal Entry 2 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Enjoyed this addition to the series. The ladies go to a Safari Club where Mma Makutsi is nervous of the wild animals.

Journal Entry 3 by wingReetPetitewing at By post, Surprise Rabck -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (10/5/2011 UTC) at By post, Surprise Rabck -- Controlled Releases

Going to lukutuoli

Journal Entry 4 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, October 28, 2011

I found this book in my mailbox today, just a wonderful surprise again, ReetPetite!! Thank you so much, you've made my day :)

EDIT 171211

TBR, and then reserved for Annimanni as a part of the wishlist-tag-game.

Journal Entry 5 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It was only when I started to read this book, I found a cute bookmark between the pages - thanks a lot, ReetPetite!
This wasn't the best part of the series, but I loved to read it, however. I've already found a new reader for this book :)

Journal Entry 6 by winglukutuoliwing at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (12/22/2011 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I've tagged Annimanni with this wishlist book, which is ready to travel again. Happy New Year 2012!

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Book received with warm thanks :)

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I agree with lukutuoli: this is definitely not one of the best novels in the series. The "mysteries" were even more inconsequential than usually and the book didn't bring anything new to the characters either. At times the narrative was downright boring. I wonder if I'm growing tired of Mma Ramotswe altogether…

Next off to MiuM as a wishlist tag book.

Journal Entry 9 by MiuM at Kaarina, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, January 03, 2014

Thank you for the book! :)

Journal Entry 10 by MiuM at Kaarina, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, January 05, 2014

I just realised as I started reading this that I have read the book's Finnish version "Harhapolkuja savannilla" already! I didn't just connect the translated name to this one. Well, it happens.. :/ I liked the book, it is a comfortable read, even though not as good as some of the other ones in the series.

Journal Entry 11 by MiuM at -- somewhere in Prague City in Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (3/2/2015 UTC) at -- somewhere in Prague City in Praha, Praha Czech Republic

My husband is taking the book with him to be released in Prague.
Have a good time with the book and greetings all the way from Finland! :)