corner corner Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
by Roald Dahl | Children's Books
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Lalitpur, Bagmati Nepal on 8/23/2011

status (set by kihaan): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Lalitpur, Bagmati Nepal on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Roald Dahl (play /ˈroʊ.ɑːl ˈdɑːl/,[2] Norwegian: [ˈɾuːɑl dɑl]; 13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990) was a British novelist, short story writer, fighter pilot and screenwriter.
Born in Llandaff, Cardiff, to Norwegian parents, he served in the Royal Air Force during the Second World War, in which he became a flying ace and intelligence agent, rising to the rank of Wing Commander. Dahl rose to prominence in the 1940s with works for both children and adults, and became one of the world's best-selling authors. He has been referred to as "one of the greatest storytellers for children of the 20th century". In 2008 The Times placed Dahl sixteenth on their list of "The 50 greatest British writers since 1945". His short stories are known for their unexpected endings, and his children's books for their unsentimental, often very dark humour. (Wikipedia)

Hello!
Bookcrossing is a online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are curious to see how far and wide it will travel and how its readers like it. Kindly make a journal entry to let us know it has found a new reader. Feel free to read and keep this book, pass it on to a friend, leave it again where you found it or somewhere else for the next reader. If you journal this book as a member, then you will hear from the book as it travels around. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 2 by wingApoloniaXwing at Surprise, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (10/27/2011 UTC) at Surprise, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

... there was still space in the package, so this book travels along.... Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, October 31, 2011

Oh wow, this was a sweet surprise :) Thanks, ApoloniaX!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, March 30, 2013

I never read Roald Dahl when I was a child. Why? I don't know. Well, better late than never as I absolutely loved this book! Dahl was a genius with language. I definitely want to read Dahl to my son and am now on a hunt for Finnish translations, although I'm a bit sceptical as to how well his language translates. And when my son (now four years old) starts learning English, I'll get him the books in English as well. He actually goes to an English club already, but is not quite ready for Dahl yet :)

Thanks for sharing, ApoloniaX. You're a star!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, December 09, 2013

My mother read the book, too, but it's now back in my possession. I'm going to take it with me to tomorrow's meet up in Helsinki in the hope that there'll be someone there who hasn't read it yet :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingkihaanwing at Laihia, Pohjanmaa / Österbotten Finland on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A book from my WishList, thank you Annimanni! :) Christmas and Chocolate Factory... Sounds like a perfect combination!