corner corner Imagined London: A Tour of the World's Greatest Fictional City (Literary Travel)

by Anna Quindlen | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingVekikiwing of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 8/23/2011

status (set by dotdot): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingVekikiwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

interesting quick read - I don't particularly agree with many of her opinions of the areas of London, but I'll put that down to tourist perspective verses native! A bit repetitive in the authors she talks about too, whilst there were several I thought she missed out (and several literary sites too)- still, a couple of little gems of info, and it's nicely written so an enjoyable read.

Journal Entry 2 by wingVekikiwing at -- By post or by hand --, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (8/23/2011 UTC) at -- By post or by hand --, Greater London United Kingdom

posted off as part of the wishlist tag game...

... you're it!

Journal Entry 3 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Monday, August 29, 2011

Received it today, thanks a lot, Vekiki!

And thanks for the Marmite cashews!

Photo: Themed release at the Dickens Museum

Journal Entry 4 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Sunday, September 11, 2011

I agree, at times it's a bit touristy, I had hoped she'd go off the beaten track more often. But there are some nice references and all in all it's a very entertaining, quick read - a book that anybody who's fond of both literature and London will enjoy.

Journal Entry 5 by wingApoloniaXwing at Non-Fiction, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (10/27/2011 UTC) at Non-Fiction, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Chosen from the Non-fiction VBB.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, October 31, 2011

Received with thanks! Can't wait to read this although I'm sure it'll have me missing London enormously...

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Yep, I was right. Reading this has me wanting to go back to London sooooo much. (I lived in Watford, just outside London, from 1999 to 2000 and then in Wimbledon until 2002.) I've read a few of Quindlen's novels, too, and have enjoyed them very much, so I'm not surprised I loved this as well. Beautiful and entertaining.

Next off to oO-littera-Oo as part of the Finnish wishlist tag game.

ETA 18.6.2012
oO-littera-Oo never responded to PMs/address requests so the book will travel on to someone else who has this on their wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by dotdot at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, June 25, 2012

Thank you for a lovely surprise! The book arrived earlier this evening and I started reading ASAP.

Journal Entry 9 by dotdot at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, July 05, 2012

I enjoyed this little book very much, even if its idea wasn't very original. While reading I realized that I haven't done any pilgrimage in London, none what so ever. British Museum doesn't count. Next time I'm going to visit Charles Dickens Museum at least.